Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Retro Gaming Consoles, Rare'Ish Ones
Goob
post Aug 4 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey all, wondering if anyone out there know's any decent retro gaming stores, where I may be able to buy an old 3do or sega saturn or sega dreamcast console?

Or if anyone out there is selling one, let me know how much and details etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have already tried places like ebay, gumtree, gametraders to no success as people want an arm and a leg for what they want to sell.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VampyreCyrus
post Aug 9 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

I bought me a Sega Master System 2 off eBay for something like $150. It came with the system and 10 games.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oohms
post Aug 14 2012, 07:12 PM
Post #3
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

Those consoles are less common and fairly sought after so they will naturally fetch a higher price... if you consistently keep an eye on ebay and gumtree you might get lucky one day and score a deal
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Goob
post Aug 20 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (oohms @ Aug 14 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Those consoles are less common and fairly sought after so they will naturally fetch a higher price... if you consistently keep an eye on ebay and gumtree you might get lucky one day and score a deal

That's what I'm doing, but I was hoping someone knew of an "untapped" source for retro gaming

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Vot
post Sep 7 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #5
Merch + Store Admin

Next event:

QUOTE (Goob @ Aug 20 2012, 01:32 PM) *
That's what I'm doing, but I was hoping someone knew of an "untapped" source for retro gaming
Lol, that's what all collectors dream of. And the retro market is saturated with them - they will pay top dollar for good condition consoles and games, which means it's hard to pick up a cheap little unit for the fun of it.

Gametraders stock changes daily, as they are reliant on peoples' trade-ins. The search function on the website used to show you all stock in all GT stores. It's not the cheapest way to do it, but it requires less luck than Gumtree or eBay searches.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
oohms
post Sep 9 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #6
Server/Comp Gopher

Next event:

If you want good deals you have to check gumtree/ebay/ocau etc almost every day and be prepared to pay a little more than most others

Somehow i sorta got into collecting consoles, and the only thing stopping me from getting more is that we have no more room in the lounge to have them all set up blink.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:13 AM