Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retro Gaming Consoles
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Gaming
Goob
Hey all, wondering if anyone out there know's any decent retro gaming stores, where I may be able to buy an old 3do or sega saturn or sega dreamcast console?

Or if anyone out there is selling one, let me know how much and details etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have already tried places like ebay, gumtree, gametraders to no success as people want an arm and a leg for what they want to sell.
VampyreCyrus
I bought me a Sega Master System 2 off eBay for something like $150. It came with the system and 10 games.
oohms
Those consoles are less common and fairly sought after so they will naturally fetch a higher price... if you consistently keep an eye on ebay and gumtree you might get lucky one day and score a deal
Goob
QUOTE (oohms @ Aug 14 2012, 07:12 PM) *
Those consoles are less common and fairly sought after so they will naturally fetch a higher price... if you consistently keep an eye on ebay and gumtree you might get lucky one day and score a deal

That's what I'm doing, but I was hoping someone knew of an "untapped" source for retro gaming
Vot
QUOTE (Goob @ Aug 20 2012, 01:32 PM) *
That's what I'm doing, but I was hoping someone knew of an "untapped" source for retro gaming
Lol, that's what all collectors dream of. And the retro market is saturated with them - they will pay top dollar for good condition consoles and games, which means it's hard to pick up a cheap little unit for the fun of it.

Gametraders stock changes daily, as they are reliant on peoples' trade-ins. The search function on the website used to show you all stock in all GT stores. It's not the cheapest way to do it, but it requires less luck than Gumtree or eBay searches.
oohms
If you want good deals you have to check gumtree/ebay/ocau etc almost every day and be prepared to pay a little more than most others

Somehow i sorta got into collecting consoles, and the only thing stopping me from getting more is that we have no more room in the lounge to have them all set up blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape