Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Respawn LAN 15: January 23-24th 2010
Respawn LAN Forums > Official > News
Pages: 1, 2
Zardoz
We were perhaps a little discrete with the announcement, with registrations opening 9pm yesterday and in 14 hours, have already hit 175 registrations, but it's time to announce...

Respawn LAN 15
January 23-24th 2010
Union Hall, La Trobe Unviersity

Celebrating TEN YEARS of LAN gaming in Union Hall (since Shafted 7), we bring you the latest installment of Melbourne's largest and most popular BYOPC gaming event!

We have a large amount of announcements for this one in the coming weeks so stay tuned to the website!

Registration is mandatory and a very good idea as spots are filling faster than even we had anticipated!

GIARUS
What is this lan based on tho
Andrewzor
Its celebrating 10 years of lanning at La Trobe Union Hall, as stated. So that?
Alioth
Should totally make it a 10 years old birthday party theme. Clowns, fairy bread, jumping castle...erm...clowns. I dunno. Stuff that kids like. OH, and at least one spoiled little shit that breaks down and cries because he get to unwrap a layer on the pass-the-parcel!
dead_man
i propose a giant game of musical chairs !
SirSquidness
Deadman, you're organising.
dead_man
i delegates the job to lewis
Maelstrom
QUOTE (dead_man @ Nov 22 2009, 12:34 AM) *
i delegates the job to lewis

So when it doesn't happen, we can Blame Lewis! dry.gif
missingo
Sydney shall invade this lan smile.gif
Tank
I can organise musical chairs (AFK comps... \o/)

and we don't have a specific theme yet smile.gif we WILL let you know when we have one.
Frookie
QUOTE (Tank @ Nov 22 2009, 09:06 PM) *
I can organise musical chairs (AFK comps... \o/)

and we don't have a specific theme yet smile.gif we WILL let you know when we have one.

did you find that pinata from 2 events ago that was lost?
djzort
QUOTE (missingo @ Nov 22 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Sydney shall invade this lan smile.gif

were coming!

i wish i could pay for the lan online.... *hint* *hint*
GIARUS
QUOTE (Alioth @ Nov 20 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Should totally make it a 10 years old birthday party theme. Clowns, fairy bread, jumping castle...erm...clowns. I dunno. Stuff that kids like. OH, and at least one spoiled little shit that breaks down and cries because he get to unwrap a layer on the pass-the-parcel!

I quite like this idea with the jumping castle's and stuff

But my guess Modern warfare 2 might take over as theme
But i propose you have a happy 15th bday for respawn biggrin.gif
dead_man
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Nov 23 2009, 08:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Alioth @ Nov 20 2009, 06:57 PM) *

I quite like this idea with the jumping castle's and stuff

But my guess Modern warfare 2 might take over as theme
But i propose you have a happy 15th bday for respawn biggrin.gif

if we are talking about ways it can phail more than maybe
Cashman_309
end of jan! so far away FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU------
GIARUS
QUOTE (drunkees @ Nov 23 2009, 10:31 PM) *
end of jan! so far away FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU------

yeh but u gotta think the admins have exams and lives 2 live considiring i see R4N more now then i ever did its hard not to miss him
Tank
And there are also restrictions because of venue availability, admin's needing to go on holiday's etcetc tongue.gif
ThirtySix45
bloody admins, always thinking of themselves! tongue.gif Cant wait to go, left my rego a bit late but 450 people never turn up anyway so im sure ill be fine.
Cashman_309
orly? i always thort admins lived similar lives to the stig.
Zwan
QUOTE (ThirtySix45 @ Nov 26 2009, 08:04 PM) *
bloody admins, always thinking of themselves! tongue.gif Cant wait to go, left my rego a bit late but 450 people never turn up anyway so im sure ill be fine.

Ull have to be like me and wait for confirmation.

LOL I'm a couple of weeks too late to signupfor a place. maybe we can organise the second hall as well for an extra 180 ppl?
dead_man

we do a player shuffle with confirms later so that the unconfirmed guys get dropped to the bottom of the list
GIARUS
AND MAYBE TELL US THE THEME
LolSauce
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Dec 3 2009, 11:37 AM) *
AND MAYBE TELL US THE THEME

Don't fucking yell! And maybe there isn't a theme to tell you yet.
Tank
Maybe we're all too busy thinking about end of year stuff, and other more important organisational things than a theme smile.gif

there WILL be one, and when we have one, we will tell you smile.gif
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Tank @ Dec 3 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Maybe we're all too busy thinking about end of year stuff, and other more important organisational things than a theme smile.gif

there WILL be one, and when we have one, we will tell you smile.gif

Respawn 13: Black Mesa
Respawn 14: Cyberpunk Dystopia

Theme for Respawn v15 unveiled...
Respawn 15: RESPAWN LAN
Andrewzor
Does theme really matter? Is it going to change whether you attend or not? Just wait, give them time.
ihasaflavur
QUOTE (Andrewzor @ Dec 3 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Does theme really matter? Is it going to change whether you attend or not? Just wait, give them time.

no, but it does make for interesting t-shirts. (still absolutely adore my v. 14 one by the way, comfy as) =DD
Tank
We will have a theme, i'm not saying we wont. I'm just busy studying atm, people are busy working (End of year = BUSY!) and we're all just a little tired from having 3 LAN's in quick sucession.

I promise we will have a theme! we just need a little time smile.gif
andojay
I'd like a party theme. biggrin.gif
TechL
how about a theme for a theme

you don't need to thank me wink.gif
Darcy
QUOTE (TechL @ Dec 5 2009, 03:25 PM) *
how about a theme for a theme

you don't need to thank me wink.gif

I'm sure they won't
Zwan
I have a theme: deodorant

U'll be thankful for choosing that theme
Andrewzor
QUOTE (Zwan @ Dec 10 2009, 03:14 PM) *
I have a theme: deodorant

Best theme ever
dead_man
heres the theme!!!

see smile.gif
TechL
i c wat u did thar

No not really.
GIARUS
Lets have a Battle Toads Theme
Tank
we'v got some ideas in mind, we will tell you, please stop asking and making suggestions wink.gif
GIARUS
QUOTE (Tank @ Dec 13 2009, 09:13 AM) *
we'v got some ideas in mind, we will tell you, please stop asking and making suggestions wink.gif

aww come on making suggestions can help both ways people may get a laugh at the suggestion and also helps admins make a good theme thus helping u
wolfmother
QUOTE (drunkees @ Nov 27 2009, 05:51 PM) *

SOME SAY... he has played 288 games of CS Gungame in a row... and never gotten past Scout.
SOME SAY... his rage is so powerful that it can power an entire table at respawn by itself.
SOME SAY... he installed a speedhack on his copy of Flatout 2... but was still beaten by a Chili.

All we know is, his name is...

Zardoz.
Zeruel
QUOTE (wolfmother @ Dec 18 2009, 12:44 AM) *

SOME SAY... he has played 288 games of CS Gungame in a row... and never gotten past Scout.
SOME SAY... his rage is so powerful that it can power an entire table at respawn by itself.
SOME SAY... he installed a speedhack on his copy of Flatout 2... but was still beaten by a Chili.

Zardoz.

LMFAO. Gold.
That is all.
Grover
" From the group that bought you Respawn 13: Black Mesa, and Respawn 14: Cyberpunk Dystopia...

comes an all new hardcore experience for the masses . . . .

Cyberpunk Dystopia . . . . . .

2 "

Twice the dystopiaaar!

terrorizing power grids everywhere from the 23rd 2010.
SirSquidness
It's almost as if Hoodlum is on the CoD marketing team.
Grover
please.. call me hoody "P
LolSauce
QUOTE (wolfmother @ Dec 18 2009, 12:44 AM) *

Zardoz.

I say Zardoz's rage is fucking contagious =/ He brings out the worst in you if you sit near him
Frookie
and yet...his rage makes you want to continue aiming for him first...
Ultimate_Sacrifice
QUOTE (Frookie @ Dec 23 2009, 04:09 PM) *
and yet...his rage makes you want to continue aiming for him first...

AH ha! what he said smile.gif its all just to hear him rage again tongue.gif
dead_man
he does get past scout most of the time, however theres still a $50 here for someone who keeps him below scout for the whole game
Frookie
QUOTE (dead_man @ Dec 23 2009, 04:02 PM) *
he does get past scout most of the time, however theres still a $50 here for someone who keeps him below scout for the whole game

i could unplug his monitor cable..
SCSI
Hey all,

I was wondering what the comps will be and what the prizes are?

I have a Call of Duty e-sports team that would be keen to attend if there will be a Cod4 of MW2 comp.
R4N
There is a COD4 comp running at V15, details will be given out over the next few weeks

Unfortunately with modern warfare 2, we cannot run a comp, as there are underlying issues with running multiple private matches in a LAN environment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape