Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food @ Respawn, a survey
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
Tank
Hey guys,

we are doing a bit of an overhaul in regards to the food we sell at respawn, and we're looking for your feedback!

becuase the site will only let me do two poll questions or something, please head here:

Food Survey!

and answer the questions! it takes UNDER a minute, and we would really really apreaciate any comments!

feel free to discuss ideas and thoughts in this thread.

xox Tank
neon
Cheers Tank,

Its a good idea. Personally, I love the format you guys have already. I loved the saturday midnight BBQ, and the one also in the morning we had too (at v10). Ideally, the snacks you guys had already was good enough for a bite here and there. I think most respawner's bring their own food, but i have actually stopped bringing my own soft drink and buy cold soft drink cans and redeye from the front desk. I only bring my own water.

Also - Im more than happy with sausages in bread, anything else cooked on the BBQ is a bonus.
SirSquidness
Completed.

As neon said, I liked the layout of the last respawn. Free food is awesome. A small price for drinks, chocolates etc to complement the BBQ is also good.

Cheap bottles of water is something I forgot to mention on teh survey, not sure if you had them at the last LAN. But if you get the bulk packs of the cheap stuff, they'd probably sell resonably well, I'd think.
Tank
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Feb 26 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Completed.

As neon said, I liked the layout of the last respawn. Free food is awesome. A small price for drinks, chocolates etc to complement the BBQ is also good.

Cheap bottles of water is something I forgot to mention on teh survey, not sure if you had them at the last LAN. But if you get the bulk packs of the cheap stuff, they'd probably sell resonably well, I'd think.

we always have bottles of water smile.gif
SirSquidness
Oh, well that's handy. I dind't see them there last time (probably because I wasn't looking for them)
Tank
Yea, hopefully we will have better 'advertising' this time smile.gif
SirSquidness
Make a bot for DC++ that spams an ad every 5 minutes or something.

Or that responds to what's said. If someone says "I'm hungy", make it say "COME BUY FOODZ LOL!" happy.gif
Tank
hahah that'd be awesome. have it trigger to works like 'food' 'hungry' etc lol! XD
neon
QUOTE (Tank @ Feb 28 2009, 11:09 AM) *
hahah that'd be awesome. have it trigger to works like 'food' 'hungry' etc lol! XD

Well, the server replaces "Pizza" with I HAVE A PIZZA UP MY ARSE, so im sure you could just put in a word replacement tongue.gif
berger
food ideas would be to organize a mobile coffee van to drop in a few times during the event... expresso, iced coffee, tea, etc... We have one come into work one day a week... its great.

although the survey kinda hints to more revenue for the lan... another idea is a hot foot van with pies, fries, cakes, dimsims etc... give us an option instead of pizza every time..

it would take some load away from the bbq and caters to more of what people might want...

in short. hot food van & expresso van to come to the lan 3-4 times during the event.

it will fill the void where pings was great... im sure pings no longer runs for the lan. correct me if im wrong.
Tank
QUOTE (berger @ Feb 28 2009, 02:08 PM) *
food ideas would be to organize a mobile coffee van to drop in a few times during the event... expresso, iced coffee, tea, etc... We have one come into work one day a week... its great.

although the survey kinda hints to more revenue for the lan... another idea is a hot foot van with pies, fries, cakes, dimsims etc... give us an option instead of pizza every time..

it would take some load away from the bbq and caters to more of what people might want...

in short. hot food van & expresso van to come to the lan 3-4 times during the event.

it will fill the void where pings was great... im sure pings no longer runs for the lan. correct me if im wrong.

Thanks for your feedback! smile.gif

we have tried the mobile coffe van idea before, and to be perfectly honest, it was a flop. We have tested having an urn + coffee + hot chocolate ourselves, and this seems to work better! smile.gif

as for the revenue thing... its more a case of unless we find choclate and stuff on a pretty good special, we might get like 6c profit or something silly, and while were are not trying to be money grabbers! a little profit allows us to get awesome awards any many other things! biggrin.gif

Yea pings was awesome. if i remember correctly one lan (not a respawn) that was run, where while pings was closed, some people broke in and stole tonnes of drinks and things, i think that was connected.

xo Tank biggrin.gif
SLoV
PLZ PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DO THEM SAUSSAGE ROLLS ON THE BBQ!!!!!
dead_man
QUOTE (SLoV @ Mar 3 2009, 10:25 PM) *
PLZ PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DO THEM SAUSSAGE ROLLS ON THE BBQ!!!!!

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!
Tank
did you see sausage rolls on the list as an option? no. end of story. ktnx.

im totally going to do some pancakes just for me. MWAHAHAHAHA.

*ahem*
R4N
i better get some of those pancakes!
dead_man
QUOTE (R4N @ Mar 4 2009, 06:03 PM) *
i better get some of those pancakes!

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!
SirSquidness
yeah, well, if you're doing pancackes just for you, I'm going to bring a frypan, and some how either find a power point away from teh main LAN venue or jerry rig it to run off my car (be it an inverter or some black magic) so I can have pancakes too.

nerr. tongue.gif

Or I could have raw pancake mixture.. Hrm. tongue.gif
Tank
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Mar 4 2009, 07:55 PM) *
yeah, well, if you're doing pancackes just for you, I'm going to bring a frypan, and some how either find a power point away from teh main LAN venue or jerry rig it to run off my car (be it an inverter or some black magic) so I can have pancakes too.

nerr. tongue.gif

I'd do them on the BBQ ;D i r clevers. eheheh >:D
SirSquidness
Dammit.

You has the smarts.

I'd still have to bring my own though, 'cos Tank's already using the LAN one for her own special pancakes *glare*
Tank
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Mar 4 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Dammit.

You has the smarts.

I'd still have to bring my own though, 'cos Tank's already using the LAN one for her own special pancakes *glare*

they're huge pancakes. and im not that huge a person.... tongue.gif im sure we could come to an agreement :>
SLoV
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Mar 4 2009, 07:55 PM) *

nerr. tongue.gif

cook em on dead_mans Fail green power hdds biggrin.gif:P lol
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 4 2009, 09:07 PM) *
they're huge pancakes. and im not that huge a person.... tongue.gif im sure we could come to an agreement :>

QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 4 2009, 10:51 AM) *
im totally going to do some pancakes just for me. MWAHAHAHAHA.

*ahem*

Can I trust someone to make an agreement and stick to it when they contradic themselves?!

I don't know. I'm a bit suspicious. tongue.gif
Tank
what can i say. pancakes are at steak :3
riskkk
DONE
Tank
QUOTE (SiMONiZZLE @ Mar 9 2009, 04:49 PM) *
DONE

<3 thank you smile.gif

also SirSquidness looks like pancakes are pretyy damn popular. so who knows :3
Ithuriel
QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 5 2009, 09:54 PM) *
what can i say. pancakes are at mang's steak :3

DID SOMEBODY SAY MANG'S STEAK!?
Tank
D:
mang
NOT MY STEAK

LEAVE MY STEAK ALONE.
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 9 2009, 05:52 PM) *
also SirSquidness looks like pancakes are pretyy damn popular. so who knows :3

Fuck yeah.

happy.gif

Will love you long time.

If there's room in the budget, you should also get a few pallettes of cheap vanilla ice cream (home brand is the best and cheapest), so then we can have ice cream on our pancakes (assuming they happen. Which they will. I have faith in you tongue.gif )
Tank
ice cream is hard, since we only have a fridge tongue.gif apologies ;P MAYBE, you should walk to amccas and get a 40c cone for pancakes....

lol!
dead_man
id love to see there faces when we order 300 40c cones
Tank
teeheee :3

hilarious tongue.gif what i lved most at v9 was when we rocked up (3 or 4 of us) with like 35 orders. we looked like 3 normal people with normal orders. untill we slapped down 35 envelopes. mwahahah :>
SirSquidness
Would have sucked to be the kitchen staff out the back then. It's not as if they're paid enough to work tongue.gif
Tank
Psh, simple as. the chick just put them through the register one at a time (so all seperate orders, recipts and all!).. i think that was the key. she was goddamn awesome. i dunno who she was, can't remember her name.. but she sorted it all out for us :> 1 order per bag, napkins, recipt, straws, *sighs happily*
T-POLE
can we see the results? i wanna know what foods will be there and at what price so i know how much money to bring for OM NOM NOM'S
Tank
QUOTE (T-POLE @ Apr 1 2009, 10:16 AM) *
can we see the results? i wanna know what foods will be there and at what price so i know how much money to bring for OM NOM NOM'S

hehehe tongue.gif

well there will be mt dew~ (whoopwhoop) and some fruit juice, and softdrinks etcetc like normal. (cans are $1, i htink juice will be $2? maybe $1.50 undecided.)

alsooo lots of different chips, like SAMBOYS (omnomnom) and twisties and stuff. ($2)

AND HEAPS of awesome chocolate bars! (including some ferrero rocherrrsss om nom!!! ($2)

OH and oreos... i got oreos! ($3)

smile.gif
T-POLE
OMFG MT DEW AND OREOS!!!!!!!! im in om nom nom heaven i think ima gonna buy over 9000 packs of oreos
savage
salt and vinegar chips and $1 coke cans will be awesome
Tank
yep, i think there are crinkle cut and thin (nad maybe a samboy) salt and vinegar. and yes oreos biggrin.gif
neon
Mountain dew is the best soda ever made.

/end quote redneck family guy.
savage
QUOTE (neon @ Apr 1 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Mountain dew is the best soda ever made.

/end quote redneck family guy.

quote for truth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape