Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: buying a new screen
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Computers
gods left hand
im in the proccess of buying a new screen, im looking at asus mainly due to they have a fair good quality range for the price u pay for them...anyway if anyone has any info on screens or suggestions please let me know...

specificly im looking at buying "Asus 20" VH203D"
R4N
QUOTE (gods left hand @ Feb 22 2009, 09:39 PM) *
im in the proccess of buying a new screen, im looking at asus mainly due to they have a fair good quality range for the price u pay for them...anyway if anyone has any info on screens or suggestions please let me know...

specificly im looking at buying "Asus 20" VH203D"

No idea what asus panels are like now, but i have heard bad things in the past.

I have always been partial to benQ panels in the cheaper panel range, MSY have a 22" for $240 or so
My dad picked up a 24" benq and honestly it outshines my dell E248WFP
Harkonnen
disagree about benQ panels, i have two of them.
they look great at first, but you can really notice dimming and lack of colour vibrancy after a year
neon
Have bought an Asus 19" screen for a friend and it looks grainy and shit.

I have dual viewsonics and cant complain (V2226W). They are cheap, and have good quality for the panel type (TN).

Most 20-22" panels now are TN. Next step up is S-PVA of which my 21" Sammy cost $620, vs $400 for a ChiMei 221D at the time.
gods left hand
i want two screens 19inch....no more than $250 each and there for gaming and movies. wat would u all suggest?????
R4N
you would EASILLY get 2x viewsonic 1940WB which does 1680x1050 pixels
Most of your 19" panels run a 1440x900 resolution, and imo "specially in the case with my 19" acer" it looks like CRAP.

MSY used to have them for $179, but no longer carry the panel

im sure they still exist somewhere...
riskkk
I'm going to be buying a P244GW from OfficeWorks for 350 - 80 = $270
From what I've heard it's a good monitor and for that price, how can it be bad?
It's 24"
XoNiKz
E2400HD ftw!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape