Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you heat up sausage rolls on a barbecue hot plate?
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
Katster
The other admins and hater gophers are doubting my awesome barbecueing skills! i think the barbecue will work fine with sausage rolls, 20 minutes each side with the barbecuses set to low. I mean whats grand final weekend without sausage rolls? i'd like party pies, but im sure that they wont work

so my question is will cooking sausage rolls on the barbecue be win or fail?
Sleeper
QUOTE (Katster @ Sep 17 2008, 12:57 PM) *
The other admins and hater gophers are doubting my awesome barbecueing skills! i think the barbecue will work fine with sausage rolls, 20 minutes each side with the barbecuses set to low. I mean whats grand final weekend without sausage rolls? i'd like party pies, but im sure that they wont work

so my question is will cooking sausage rolls on the barbecue be win or fail?

Halved dim-sims work well too.

Does the BBQ have a hood?
Tank
QUOTE (Sleeper @ Sep 17 2008, 03:05 PM) *
Halved dim-sims work well too.

Does the BBQ have a hood?

no. but im sure we could fashion something aout of a cake tin or foil?
LolSauce
Just cook the sausages... lol
oohms
The pastry will become black and get stuck in the bbq sad.gif
beeslol
"as long as it tastes like sausage" yes, sausage-fest anyone? you like sausage in your mouth? would you like some sausage with that hallway?
Katster
ok you pack of haters! ive baught a packet of frozen party sausage rolls and im goign to experement this weekend on my home barbecue and make it work, disproove you all and your doubtfulness
TheTacoMan
it's called a microwave
Katster
you cant microwave them! they'll go soggy! nothing worse than a soggy sausage roll. i'll do my experement tomorrow!
neon
i prefer a soggy sausage roll over a burnt one.
Katster
im awesome
neon
looks sorta burnt....

how long they take?
beeslol
We didn't vote that you would fail to succeed at cooking them, only that the concept of them being cooked on a BBQ would be fail and not win.

That is all.
Katster
the took about half an hour, 15 minutes or so on each side from being frozen. there actually pre cooked so all you really need to do is heat them up mum and i both ate them and we're still not sick which is a good sign
Glasseater
its all about the pies who cares about sausage rolls
Katster
i dont think pies will work hence why we're going with sausage rolls we can try a few party pies if you like? no guarantee they'll work tho
Tank
i reckon if you covered them with a cake tin or something you may get a better result. hmm.

tasty.
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Tank @ Sep 25 2008, 01:13 PM) *
i reckon if you covered them with a cake tin or something you may get a better result. hmm.

tasty.

Some sort of heat spreading device to make it heat evenly...

/glances at thermal paste and heat sink...
XECUTER
LOL at thermal paste and heat sink............

i suggest you get an old computer case that has no vents in it, take the side off, put the hollow case over it and ta da portable oven.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape