Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quad Copters at Respawn
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
Behrens
So I picked myself up a (very) small quad copter recently and have been having a ton of fun with it. Would this sort of thing be allowed at respawn? The model is the Hubsan X4, fits in the palm of your hand and has a guard around all the propellers. It would be awesome to fly indoors, but I DEFINITELY understand the hesitation you might have at allowing that.

TLDR: Can I fly my quad at respawn? Inside? Outside?
wolfmother
(This is not an official statement - I haven't consulted with anyone - just relaying how I think the admin staff will respond)

Regarding indoor flight - I'd be a bit nervous about flying something like that over thousands of dollars of stuff you don't own. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

That said, I think I can remember a couple of times people have brought them before. Outside should be perfectly fine (assuming no mischief) - but we'll have to wait for Zardoz to comment on that one. There might be venue or legal restrictions.
Behrens
Yeah, after I actually thought about it something moving at 20 kph probably isn't a good idea in a room full of 500 monitors. Inside defs a bad idea.
wadeal
Sounds like a good target for nerf guns to me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape