NEW RULES. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE UPDATED RULES

Map: Summoners Rift
Teams: 5 v 5
Mode: Tournament Draft
Format: Single\Double Elimination (Subject to amount of teams)
Server: Oceania

RULES
  • All players must be paid Respawn Players and must have their Player Tag around their neck at all times during the event.
  • All players must be registered to the team on the EMS (Event Management System)
  • All players must be in the game lobby within 10 minutes of starting.
  • All players must be Level 30 on League of Legends and must have a champion pool of at least 16 Champions (Refer to FAQ)
  • All players are requested to not use alt codes in their Summoner name (Refer to FAQ)
  • All players are requested to not change their Summoner name a week after the event (refer to FAQ)

FAQ
Q: You said prizes?!
A: Yes we have prizes! They will go as follows:
1st Place: $500 for the team
2nd Place: $250 for the team
*more prizes may be added before the event.

Q: What is EMS?
A: EMS or the Event Management System is how the Admins of Respawn gather the information on Teams to enter into Competitions. If you have no idea on how to use the EMS, please see the front desk on the day.

Q: Why do I need to be Level 30 and have 16 Champions?
A: This is because we use the Draft mode, where teams take turns in banning 3 Champions each. It is a game requirement to have 16 Champions

Q: What are Alt Codes and why can we not use them?
A: Alt codes are basically accented letters like “ö”. At v30, the LoL 5v5 Competition was a Riot prized event and they use a webform to gather the names of the Summoners to distribute their prizes. The delivery of the RP was delayed for a couple of weeks due to some Summoner names containing Alt Codes and not working with the webform.

Q: What if my only account has an accented letter and I can’t/won’t change it?
A: This only applies to the 1st to 4th placed teams. If you happen to end up in their, you can send your RP to any account on the OCE server.

Q: Why can’t I change my name a week after the event?
A: This is only a precaution. Especially if we have problems with the webform from Riot.

Q: I don't have a team, can I still partake?
A: If you don't have a team, see the Competitions Desk ASAP on the Saturday and we will assist you in finding a team but we can't guarantee that we will find you one.

Q: In the event of network failure, what will happen?
A: If the entire Internet fails dropping all players offline, the match will be replayed with the same picks/bans to ensure continuity.

Q: My PC crashed during the load screen?
A: If this happens, notify your team ASAP so as soon as everyone enters "The Rift", they can pause the game for you.

Q: I went out for dinner/food/other and missed my comp?
A: Please take into account that if your team isn't ready by in the 10 minute start up time; you will be disqualified. Plan your food breaks at your own risk

Q: But we still need to eat?!
A: There is a dinner break, don't worry

Q: Can I double book for competitions?
A: No. This will be a tightly controlled event. You will have 10 minutes from your start time to gather your team together or you will be disqualified.

Q: Can I bring a player in from outside the event?
A: No, players must be registered, paid and checked in attendees at the event. If you wish to bring in a sub, they will need to present their badge at the comps desk for verification.

Q: Can my team have a sub?
A: Yes - See above

Q: Can /pause be used?
A: Yes, in certain circumstances such as technical faults (ie: a player dropped(disconnected)/dead keyboard/table switch fails/table power fails). If the whole team drops, refer to the above question on that. If the pause is going to last longer than 5 minutes, please have someone notify the competitions desk.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me.

Good luck!

Camaran (Gambol Shroud on OCE)