Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buying a new laptop...
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Computers
Shub0xx
Hey guys,

Am currently in the market for a new laptop. Main uses will be net, watching videos, the usual uni stuff (assignments, presentations, labs (VM's) etc).

My question to you all is this... PC or Mac? I know I'm going to get the usual Mac is better than PC, PC is better than Mac banter, which I welcome. However, I'd like to know why you think one is better than the other. Want to know pros and cons for both.

Am looking to buy within the next month, so any advice anyone can offer, I'll gladly take on board.

Thanks in advance..
phrostyboi
get a PC just for the sake of easier compatability with any software needed for uni, unless the course you're doing specifically needs mac only software i'd go the pc route

I bought a thinkpad not too long ago when lenovo had a sale on, cost 500 bucks with an i3 and 4gb of ram

PC system would be a fair bit cheaper than a mac if youre on a student budget too...
DArenberg
As above I bought a Lenovo Ideapad in the cash back offer, it is alot of computer power compared to a Mac for a bucket load less.

Unless your studying hairdressing than go the Mac as it's all about the bling and of course hair products.

So to recap Pro: More gear for your dollar Con: You're not going to get laid by a hairdressing student.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape