Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Respawn V21 Fun Comp Games
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Gaming
orbit
Hey guys. Lets get in early and start planning Respawn V21's Funcomp games.

I have some new ideas based on feedback and suggestions. Please let me know if you want to add anything else to the list. I will be making a proper funcomp list with download links and better descriptions later on but for now just post suggesting any games that you want to see hosted by Respawn with a small prize.
Requirements: they must be fun, easy to install (hopefully free), multiplayer and awesome. It would be best if they didnt require an internet connection for anything other than authentication (if that).

~~PLEASE NOTE~~
This list is a list of possible games that we have built up over time (with the help of you guys). We wont nessisarily run ALL of these games, these are just some ideas. If you want one of these games played then let us know with some comments. If you have any suggestions for new games to play then let us know also.
If you can help with hosting/making maps/anything else please either PM me or let us know in the comments.
/~~PLEASE NOTE~~

Here is the list (to be edited):

Tetris DS (A simple multiplayer puzzle game for the Nintendo DS)
MarioKart DS (A racing game for the Nintendo DS)
Streetfighter 4 3D (A 3D fighting game for the Nintendo 3DS)
New Super Mario Brothers MiniGames (A collection of mini games for the Nintendo DS)
Stepmania (A Dance Dance Revolution Simulator. Good for playing on the keyboard and Dance Mats)

Armagetron (Tron Light Cycle game)
TeeWorlds (A Free 2d retro multiplayer shooter)
Babo Violent 2 (Roll around as a ball and shoot people)
Altitude (simple 2d dog fight (planes) game, free 3 hour trial available)
Minecraft (Sandbox building/exploring game (not a comp just going to have a server up))
Worms World Party (2d Turn Based Shooter - Usually played at the end of the lan when things are winding down)

Trackmania Nations Forever (free racing game)

Pirates Vs Vikings Vs Knights (HL2 mod, first person *mainly*
Golden Eye Source (HL2 mod - remake of the Nintendo 64 James Bond game)

Halo (FPS - we will be playing the trial version as it is free)
Alien Vs Preditor 2 (FPS
Quake 3 Team arena DM FFA (Fast paced FPS - WARNING very competitive)
Half Life 2 Deathmatch (HL2 Mod - Usually gets around 64 people in 1 server *very fast and fun*)
Unreal Tournament 2004 CTF and Instagib
Unreal Tournament 99 Facing worlds CTF (With as many players as possible!)
Counter Strike Source GG (FPS - There is usually a full comp of this but a fun comp is always welcome as well)
COD 4 GG (FPS - not a serious comp, just for those people who want to play COD4 and not have to worry about competing against the pros (although pros welcome as well))

~~~NEW IDEAS~~~
Mechwarrior 4 (First-person mecha simulation game, to put it simply: Robots, Lasers, Jet packs, Multiplayer)

Grand Theft Auto 1 (an old school Birds Eye View shoot em up. Death Match is the best for larger lans, run your friends over and shoot them with pistols and rocket launchers. or just simply try to have head on collisions while jumping over the broken bridge biggrin.gif)

Grand Theft Auto 2 Same as GTA1 but with better graphics and much nicer networking code.

Plain Sight (I am yet to play this one but it sounds good. Ninja Robot Assasins)

Again this list is to be edited and added to. Please let me know if you can think of any Fun games that you would like to see at the next Respawn (V21 at the time of writing)

~~~EDITS~~~
TF2Ware (FPS - A WarioWare Mod for TF2. Very fast paced minigames for Team Fortress 2)
TechL
I'm up for Tron and Plain Sight. I can help run Tron if you want, as it was a fun comp I actually wanted to enter in but I don't think one was ran at v20?
the_viper
Bionic Commando
Original Unreal Tournament

Golden Eye on n64 would be epic
priorax
TF2ware, we have previously discussed this. Shall try to get working if you want.
SirSquidness
QUOTE (TechL @ Apr 18 2011, 02:43 PM) *
I'm up for Tron and Plain Sight. I can help run Tron if you want, as it was a fun comp I actually wanted to enter in but I don't think one was ran at v20?

It ran on Sunday.
Jen
QUOTE (orbit @ Apr 18 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Grand Theft Auto 1 (an old school Birds Eye View shoot em up. Death Match is the best for larger lans, run your friends over and shoot them with pistols and rocket launchers. or just simply try to have head on collisions while jumping over the broken bridge biggrin.gif)

OMG OMG thats awesome! I remember stealing the train!
TechL
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Apr 18 2011, 06:58 PM) *
QUOTE (TechL @ Apr 18 2011, 02:43 PM) *

It ran on Sunday.

Ah, I left around 9:30am.
+++
QUOTE (orbit @ Apr 18 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Tetris DS (A simple multiplayer puzzle game for the Nintendo DS)

Armagetron (Tron Light Cycle game)

Minecraft (Sandbox building/exploring game (not a comp just going to have a server up))

Quake 3 Team arena DM FFA (Fast paced FPS - WARNING very competitive)

Unreal Tournament 2004 4way CTF (facing worlds 4 way)

Counter Strike Source GG (FPS - There is usually a full comp of this but a fun comp is always welcome as well)

These all sound good:
- Instead of Tetris DS, maybe find like a LAN Tetris game... I know there are a few online ones where you can play 10 other people at once and clearing levels causes other people to get people more blocks etc... Not entirely sure if there is a LAN version, but this would be epic, almost worthy of a full-time Fun Comp position on the schedule if you could get this up and running.

- Did I miss this this past event? Everybody loves Tron, should never be missed again! Edit~ Looks like I did miss it in the morning. Probably when I put my head down for a slight nap, DAMN tongue.gif

- MC is just fun in general, a well-defined comp could probably attract a few people i reckon.

- Quake 3; I was playing this at the last one, for the comp, but my pc shat itself literally a minute after the comp started, so i missed out sad.gif Great game tho, I loved what i played of it. Extremely fast paced.

- UT 2k4; Classic. Thumbs up.

- CSS: GG. Yeah, I do need some way to get myself a prize ;P
Bilbin
If they some how get Osu! working by either modding an older version or giving it some internet even though it's a bit of a hog, it might be a great game. Sure many people would like to play smile.gif

Also a Quake 3 Arena duel comp would be nice, v20s comp didn't go underway and instagib is gay without green keel on dm17.
orbit
QUOTE (the_viper @ Apr 18 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Bionic Commando
Original Unreal Tournament

Golden Eye on n64 would be epic

There are a few issues with Golden Eye n64. Apart from needing a TV (although Jeffy usually supplies this for us) the Nintendo 64 controllers are now mostly either unusable or too valuable to let everyone use. We could get things going on an emulator but then you need a computer set up on the tv that can handle n64 style stuff easily and you will need 4 USB controllers. Not impossible just needs a bit of doing.
Golden eye source makes things a little easier as you can play it on your pc, you dont have to worry about controllers and you also dont need its own dedicated TV.

The Origonal Unreal Tournament is always fun. Lots of action and easy enough to install (facing worlds ftw!). I didnt want to put too many of the same type of game on the list. I replaced UT origonal with UT2K4 and Quake 3, that way people get their Unreal Fix and their Old school FPS hit as well. If more people would rather UT Origonal then we can play that.

Bionic commando looks good. I will have to look into it some more.
Spatian116!
Dirt 2 yo!
SLoV
GTA 2 is heaps better then gta 1 and better network support isnt it ?
orbit
QUOTE (SLoV @ Apr 25 2011, 04:43 PM) *
GTA 2 is heaps better then gta 1 and better network support isnt it ?

I think from memory the networking side of things for GTA 1 wasnt that great. If one person alt tabs then everyone has to wait for them to get back in.
Although GTA 1 was my fav LAN game a while back I think I'll have to look into GTA 2 to see if it runs any better. Maybe we can arrange an internet game some time soon to see how it goes?

Also if anyone wants to test any of the above mentioned games over the net with me it would be much appreciated.

Minecraft: I need at least 1 person to help me admin the Minecraft server when we get it working. Because it will be running for most of the LAN I cannot possibly be in there the whole time. Does anyone here want to help me out with this?
You will be an admin on the server so you can do whatever you want however if I get any reports of you greifing or going nuts with any of the commands (especially give and tp) then things will get ugly.
You will be able to play in the server like anyone else so you can still have fun and chill and build something cool, you will just be an extra set of eyes and ears for spotting griefing and dealing with it.
Last time I ran the Minecraft server at Respawn we did get some griefing and because I wasnt playing in the server for most of the LAN it went mostly unhandled.
We should be better equipped to deal with issues like that this time around but I still need someone else to help out.

priorax Posted Apr 18 2011, 04:18 PM
TF2ware, we have previously discussed this. Shall try to get working if you want.

That would be nice just let me know when you can do it so i can let everyone else know.
Spatian116!
Minecraft Classic?
orbit
QUOTE (Spatian116! @ Jun 9 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Minecraft Classic?

Should be able to get 2 servers up if people want both. I've never even played Minecraft Classic.
Spatian116!
QUOTE (orbit @ Jun 10 2011, 11:12 AM) *
QUOTE (Spatian116! @ Jun 9 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Minecraft Classic?

Should be able to get 2 servers up if people want both. I've never even played Minecraft Classic.

It's a great game lol. I can host a MC classic biggrin.gif
Lord Infamous
It's like the beta but with less.....
What would the repercussions be If an admin griefed, you talk like you'll K.O. the guy.
semperxxxfixx
Call of duty 4: Zombies mod X14,15,16 not ROTU(region of the undead)
PeepShow
What about CSS deathmatch? like the MSI sorta thing
Archie1Bk
Have an editing comp! Best CS:S/COD4 edit wins..
Jen
orbit: I have a machine that will be given to Respawn infrastructure that you should be able to capably run 2 x Minecraft servers on.
blueaero
Grid & Flatout 2?
SirSquidness
QUOTE (blueaero @ Jun 18 2011, 10:15 PM) *
Grid & Flatout 2?

Are both scheduled prized competitions smile.gif
brasz
lets get some LOTR battle for middle earth 2 going!!!! and also dawn of war soulstorm!!!!!! laugh.gif
orbit
QUOTE (brasz-FrizkeyDingo @ Jun 20 2011, 07:24 PM) *
lets get some LOTR battle for middle earth 2 going!!!! and also dawn of war soulstorm!!!!!! laugh.gif

If you are willing to do some hosting then we could possibly get this going.
Ive never played LOTR battle for middle earth 2.
Haiucination
I'd absolutely LOVE IT if we could get Osu going - I'm so addicted ^^;
orbit
I'm not sure how likley it will be to get osu! going. Its 100% internet based multiplayer (unless they have changed something over the past few months)
Bitcrusher
WHAT ABOUT HALO 2 AS I DONT HAVE HALO 1 sad.gif....... also Comand and Conquer generals zero hour that game is SICK! laugh.gif AND all mighty dawn of war 2 or soul storm
HappyPants
Competitive Solitaire comp please
MetaSynapse
How about the most recent Aliens vs Predator? Since I have it and it supports LAN play... tongue.gif
SnoMan
battlefield 2 5v5, makes for great fun, and very competitive XD

also as a fun server if people dont want to play seriously, there is a mod that adds bots into MP servers to fill the empty spots, my favourite is to have humans vs bots, putting all bots onto 1 team, 50v1 with you in a jet can be pretty amusing hehe, even better on foot with your rifle out tho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape