Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comp Timetable
Respawn LAN Forums > Official > News
dead_man
Hey guys, sorry for the lateness of the post but here is the current timetable I'll be running with.

Usual Stuff applies for the timetable however if there are any questions please let me know.

Regards Dead_Man
Lord Infamous
Why is Starcraft always at the asshole end of the time table.
Patryn
coz it's funnier to watch half dead ppls play SC. xD
dead_man
QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Oct 5 2010, 03:29 PM) *

because i run out of time to run this on saturday? hell we get a better tournout for this than we did running DOTA on a sat.

if someone can please find me an extra 3 hours on saturday ill gladly run it.

deadman
Jen
QUOTE (dead_man @ Oct 5 2010, 07:13 PM) *
if someone can please find me an extra 3 hours on saturday ill gladly run it.deadman

Someone needs to build the timemachine! Nobody tell Miniwalks when we steal his 3phases biggrin.gif
Sir_William_J
No what is an awesome massive multiplayer game that's right Crysis wars and looks awesome
hawky
YAY! I won't make finals in CoD4 (if i even have a team), and that means that I can still play TF2!

w00t thanks for a RAEP timetable hehehe
Lord Infamous
I wanna play TF2 but the chances are I won't have a team.... Any one doing a recruiting drive?
Lord Infamous

because i run out of time to run this on saturday? hell we get a better tournout for this than we did running DOTA on a sat.

deadman

Use the slot that you used for DOTA? or do 2 small 8 man tournaments on both days.
dead_man
QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Oct 7 2010, 05:30 AM) *

deadman

Use the slot that you used for DOTA? or do 2 small 8 man tournaments on both days.

i shy away from that timeslot as it isnt alot of time for players to get to the event. when we ran DOTA we had maybe 4-5 ppl playing, SC on sunday see's in excess of 10 people which i can only see improving as time goes on.
soulink
so aprox poker start?
Tank
QUOTE (soulink @ Oct 7 2010, 04:59 PM) *
so aprox poker start?

Not sure... we normally run it after pinata etc.... (whihc is about after flatout2)
Frookie
QUOTE (Tank @ Oct 7 2010, 04:07 PM) *
QUOTE (soulink @ Oct 7 2010, 04:59 PM) *
so aprox poker start?

Not sure... we normally run it after pinata etc.... (whihc is about after flatout2)

which is after cod4
Lord Infamous
I'll bet you get more SC players on the saturday, than on the sunday.

I usually have to be home and ready for work on sunday night, so theres no way I can play it.

feels bad man
dead_man
QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Oct 7 2010, 06:48 PM) *
I'll bet you get more SC players on the saturday, than on the sunday.

I usually have to be home and ready for work on sunday night, so theres no way I can play it.

feels bad man

Im sorry, however no matter how i make the timetable not everyone will be happy. this is a fact of life.
Lord Infamous
Understandable. Why not just get rid of the CS:S comp all together. :3
Rangers
QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Oct 8 2010, 05:47 AM) *
Understandable. Why not just get rid of the CS:S comp all together. :3

Lol yeah, then lets get rid of a decent chunk of people then too lol. Which would make the starcarft tourney seem pretty much small.
Yurick
Ok, so just for clarification, this is a starcraft: brood war tournament, and not a sc2 one? or have i got my wires crossed (if im in the wrong area, please point me to the right one). Either way is there a signup i have to do?
SirSquidness
It is indeed a Starcraft: BroodWar competition.

We aren't yet sure if we can organise a dedicated internet link to enable SC2 play (if you've been to Respawn before, you'd be familiar with our very limited internet availability and the Steam woes it brings - now imagine those, but it's in game instead of a background program)

The network is coming online at the moment, so once everything's up and working properly, we'll start fiddling around with things like SC2.
Genome
Fiddle well then squid. I shall cry a tear of joy if I can play SC2 at respawn.

Also gives you guys some pretty massive chances to boost competition and interest. You'd just have to sort the 30 palyer per IP thing with blizzard.
Maelstrom
Squid fiddle sounds wrong somehow...

Anyway, I notice the lack of Sunday funcomps too. Any particular reason? If it's lack of volunteers, I can offer my services since I usually stick around till Sunday anyway.

SirSquidness
The timetable posted here is irrelevant to fun comps. Do not take any notice of that. Fun comps will happen on Sunday.
Lord Infamous
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Oct 9 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Anyway, I notice the lack of Sunday funcomps too. Any particular reason? If it's lack of volunteers, I can offer my services since I usually stick around till Sunday anyway.

Where were you
Genome
Sigh. RTS comps always get shafted. 2 out of the 3 respawns I've been to, the comp which I was most interested in hasn't been run at all.

I'd be happy to run it btw, so it doesn't get chucked on the cbf pile. Would that stop from being eligible for prizes? Or is that only the admins proper?
Lord Infamous
I would play with prizes or not. Just print my name in an italic font and i'll be happy.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Lord Infamous @ Oct 9 2010, 04:00 AM) *
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Oct 9 2010, 12:14 AM) *

Where were you

Hiding

I think I went to the farmer's market on Sunday biggrin.gif

But no-one actually asked me either. I guess I could have initiated some games and announced them up the front, but anyone can do that, right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape