NOT MSY as seen in other posts....

centrecom
pc case gear
scorptech
pl4ywithpower
the hub
pc Aust - $$$$
DST solutions

get the free tech mag from the swapmeets and you can just browse through there.

v18 cant wait!
priorax
MSY are good for parts, but if you want a system built, don't bother.

For parts I would also recommend Umart.

If you know what you are doing, I would also suggest building your own system, it isn't hard and it's (in my opinion) pretty fun, it also saves you money as you can do your own maintenance.
Jen
I have of late being going back to CPL near Monash Uni. They've been pretty good. Never ever had an issue with them. Nothing has ever died... yet... saying that, something will probably blow up overnight and burn my house down.
R4N
For prebuilt machines msy is the worst of the worst. Their packages are built using some of the shoddiest cases ive ever seen. And i should know, i worked there for 4 years.

For parts, ive never really had problems with MSY.

Other places i shop,

Cnet technology in werribee.
Centrecom (when msy dont have the part i want)
Pccasegear

priorax
I wouldn't reconmend the CNet in Airport West, when I went there I had the manager try and convince me a Thermaltake EVO was better then a Corsair PSU despite it not having 80+ and his only reason for saying it was better was that it had a 5 year warranty or some thing like that. The good thing about that place though, they do price match (within reason).

Inside Tech appear to have a nice range of products, prices aren't the best, but $9.90 flat rate shipping for Melbourne Metropolitan area, although apparently the in-store stuff is mostly family based computer gear, the good stuff can only be bought online
king_wookiee
This is all good info, cheers.
i always build my own systems and help friends if they need it, ive had some good experiences at msy, the line out the door and boxes stacked to the roof...lol
ive been on umart a few time there pretty good, i like pccasegear alot, at first i was "iffy" on ordering online and not being able to get my money back, but thanks to paypal we're all good.

my hobby has become building systems, friends of mine have built new i7 boxes, they look great, cant wait for respawn last one was epic, just wondering do we bring our nerf guns this time?, i just modded mine!, i have the maveric clear and the raider clear, i thought the can stack was quite fun!

current specs:
antec 900
quad core 6600
sli 9800gtx
asus p5N-T deluxe mo/bo
3.0tb of storage so far
1000w psu
4GB dominator RAM
And a shit load of fans!
oohms
I'd love to get back into building pcs regularly
soulink
QUOTE (oohms @ Sep 9 2010, 09:33 PM) *

i do it every day sad.gif haha full time techy here biggrin.gif
Jen
QUOTE (oohms @ Sep 9 2010, 09:33 PM) *

Thats because you're designing mini headphone amps that need multiple fans and 3phase power
Mokilok
I've purchased from Scorptec, PCcasegear and MSY reguarly.

MSY i've had several bad dealings with, seems to be an higher then average failure rate and when they do fail you can't get any help from them. I've had them argue with me saying it's my fault etc.. etc.. or it's going off to the manufacturer for manufacturers warranty for items purchased found to be faulty and brought back to the store within an hour or two. After arguing with them they eventually gave in and gave my money back but still. They have also recently gotten in trouble with the ACCC for misleading pricelists, advertisements, terms and conditions etc..

PCcasegear seem pretty good for odd little things you may not be able to get at your average store, modding accessories, case accessories, cooling equipment and they're stuff is cheap. I've only had one problem with them and in this instance it was a very annoying one: I selected my shipping address to be different to my billing address and they shipped it to my billing address. My billing address in this case was my home and as it was registered post and I work during all the hours the post office is open I was not able to pick it up, I had to work out an arrangement with the post office where I could fax all my identification over to them and arrange for someone to pick it up on my behalf (postage cost a fortune in this instance aswell as i got all the extras, like insurance). The only alternative in pccasegears own words is "leave the item at the post office for two weeks until they send it back to us, wait until we recieve, then we can resend it to you, BUT we'll have to re charge you the postage again".

Scorptec I purchase from the most, My everyday computer equipment is from there and I recommend them to all of my mates. I've been using them for years and they've only stuffed one thing up (broken DP cable) I purchased recently. Also i've found that if you purchase in bulk they might drop the price a little.
Jen
Closed, thread is almost 1yr old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape