Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many can YOU do?
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Computers
SirSquidness
Everyone tells me I have a lot of crap in my task bar. I don't think so - I use it all.

Items pinned to or currently open in the start bar: 20
Items in system tray: 19

I like to multitask, ok?

Maelstrom
I only need a couple pinned to the taskbar, this one (Object Dock Plus 2.0) handles most of them.

It can autostart, but one of the extensions I use (stack docklet) doesn't work properly when it does for some reason, so I just pin it to the taskbar and start it when my PC starts.

Auto-hides off-screen at the top, and has all my shortcuts in it. Unclutters the desktop, and the taskbar :3

If you're interested I can post a screenshot of it.
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jun 10 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Unclutters the desktop, and the taskbar :3

Real men don't have desktop icons enabled.
TechL
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Jun 10 2010, 05:34 PM) *

Like me... well almost, I don't have any desktop icons because I use rocketdock.
Tank
I have only 12 things on the taskbar, but 34 tabs in chrome when i last checked. and thats after i closed lots. smile.gif (and YES! i need them all!!!)
DArenberg
Depends which computer but most have max 5 in toolbar Zero on desktop except the bin.

Open office, Firefox, Gimp than either PS3 media streamer, Thunderbird or Media monkey depending on rig.

R4N
This must be why my computer always runs fast, i have... 3 tabs open in chrome, IRC and MSN running... thats about how much my system runs normally.

Maelstrom
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Jun 10 2010, 05:34 PM) *

I don't have them enabled, but I forget turning them off. I miss it though, when I decide to dump stuff to the desktop tongue.gif
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jun 11 2010, 11:59 PM) *
I don't have them enabled, but I forget turning them off. I miss it though, when I decide to dump stuff to the desktop tongue.gif

Take note of my screenshot. I have a "Desktop" menu on my start bar so I can access all the shit I dump on my desktop easily, without added clutter biggrin.gif
Maelstrom
I just re-enabled my desktop...

It's not like I have anything on there anyway, apart from what I dump, in which case I want it there so I can see it and deal with it
Manetheran
I hate icons on the desktop, they get in the way of me staring at my wallpaper when i should be doing work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape