Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Respawn V16: Comp Tiimetable
Respawn LAN Forums > Official > News
dead_man
Hey guys

here is the current format for the competitions at V16.

if theyre are any suggestions/complaints please let me know

link to full size image Updated Comp Info

priorax
tf2 in the morning?
sad.gif
lame

--edit--
wasn't the votes for normal time?
dead_man
QUOTE (priorax @ Mar 29 2010, 03:44 PM) *
tf2 in the morning?
sad.gif
lame

--edit--
wasn't the votes for normal time?

the timeslot for TF2 may change back to normal times, however we want to get more stuff happening on the sunday,

-Dead_Man
Dekar
i like how you want to have more stuff on sunday and spread out the schedule a bit

but really, tf2 will most likely take much longer than 3 hours, and by 9am sunday lots of people will have either gone home or be sleeping... or just dead tired
Redact
QUOTE (Dekar @ Mar 29 2010, 05:13 PM) *
i like how you want to have more stuff on sunday and spread out the schedule a bit

but really, tf2 will most likely take much longer than 3 hours, and by 9am sunday lots of people will have either gone home or be sleeping... or just dead tired

im pretty much with this, i can tell you that tf2 will get less entrants, and the comp wont be run in time unless you maybe plan to sacrifice the quality of the comp, which is a terrible trade-off

im REALLY in favor of returning it to the old time, and so is the rest of my team

i can probably go ahead and vouch for 2 more teams and say they would really not like this time either

if you want to extend to sunday, imo you need to extend the length of time the actual lan goes for on sunday
ending the lan during the day makes most people either not bother to stay past morning
Plasia
TF2 on Sunday morning? Really terrible idea for a multitude of reasons.

If you want more stuff on Sunday, put something like WC3 there.
GIARUS
what happened to poker deadman
Redback
fail@image resize
acaan
Still can't read the text on the "full image"
GIARUS
im looking at that wheelchair race >.> i might wanna try it
Elliot
bumping for old Tf2 timetable. just slide the fun comps down later? Thats the best comp ther is and in the morning everyones to dead to play or even move.
Tank
Hey all, i'm just gunna say that the comp team is working really hard to accomodate everyone. But please do remember that in just over 24 hours, and not all of that comeptitional-able times, that it IS a challenge and not possible to make everyone 100% happy.

please be patient while we work through things happy.gif

cya all at the event

-Tank
dead_man
been talking to the other guys regarding this,

there is now a 90% chance that this will run around 8-9PM on saturday night.

what this means though is if we are running behind schedule teams will need to choose what comp that what to compete in most of all.

-Dead_Man
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Elliot @ Mar 29 2010, 10:01 PM) *
bumping for old Tf2 timetable. just slide the fun comps down later? Thats the best comp ther is and in the morning everyones to dead to play or even move.

Fun comps have no bearing on when anything else is run. The schedule is also innaccurate in that fun comps will stop around 2-3AM
Deka
can we get a resize or just enlarge the text
Kitfox
I suggest a starcraft 1 or 2 comp biggrin.gif
dead_man
heres a link to the full size file that perfectly readable Respawn Comp Timetable V16
GIARUS
Gungame one is that the cod4 gungame or another type of comp
dead_man
CSS gungame
GIARUS
QUOTE (dead_man @ Mar 30 2010, 10:03 AM) *
CSS gungame

ahh ok thanks deadman
atticus
TF2 and Quake 3 are the only comps I have serious interest in, and not only does the above timetable slot them both at a ridiculous hour, but they're clashing at the same ridiculous hour. Not to sound dramatic, but I can say without exaggeration that if you had asked me what kind of schedule I would like the least, it would be something very much like the one in the OP lol.

8-9PM Saturday, however, is ideal smile.gif
Rangers
Tf2 comp bad time. I dont see how a comp that has actually been gaining popularity should be put on the back burner. Like you may say that that's not the case however im sure everyone knows that most poepel are asleep or left by that time on a sunday. I think the last slot midnight onwards or whatever is favourable. There's no point havign the comp die. So yea even earlier is a good time too. 8-9 saturday is pretty awesome. Tf2 could to with a prime slot :>
Chapy
Iron Gut? Hells yeah!
Kitfox
Still strongly suggesting a Starcraft comp to be thrown in the slots somewhere smile.gif
Tank
QUOTE (Kitfox @ Mar 31 2010, 12:34 AM) *
Still strongly suggesting a Starcraft comp to be thrown in the slots somewhere smile.gif

Please note that these are the 'major' comps, we have someone soley dedicated to running 'funcomps', a category of which i believe starcraft falls under. We have prizes and trophies for funcomps too, so don't fret! biggrin.gif
dead_man

currently being discussed with the other guys.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 31 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Please note that these are the 'major' comps, we have someone soley dedicated to running 'funcomps', a category of which i believe starcraft falls under. We have prizes and trophies for funcomps too, so don't fret! biggrin.gif

A nation of Koreans would disagree with you, but I wouldn't. Unless there's a lot more SC players than I thought, there's not really enough to warrant a proper comp I would have thought.

That said, I would like to LAN SC at respawn anyway :3
Tank
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Mar 31 2010, 02:59 PM) *

A nation of Koreans would disagree with you, but I wouldn't. Unless there's a lot more SC players than I thought, there's not really enough to warrant a proper comp I would have thought.

I mean no offence, i just go on player numbers smile.gif comps like tf2 and such get 65 - 90 players, and i dont think we get that many for SC.

unfortunately at such a short LAN, the only way for us to do it is via popularity.
Maelstrom
QUOTE (Tank @ Mar 31 2010, 04:30 PM) *
QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Mar 31 2010, 02:59 PM) *

I mean no offence, i just go on player numbers smile.gif comps like tf2 and such get 65 - 90 players, and i dont think we get that many for SC.

unfortunately at such a short LAN, the only way for us to do it is via popularity.

It's okay, I understand. I'll help you fend off the Koreans when they come for you :3
Tree_
What exactly will the chick comp entail?
Kitfox
Chard in a mankini
dead_man
timetable has been updated in first post

or see here
hawky
QUOTE (dead_man @ Apr 4 2010, 11:13 PM) *

or see here

i must say.. the original was easier on the eye.. mellow.gif
dead_man
QUOTE (Hawk! @ Apr 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *

or see here

soz was using openoffice instead of MS Excel, ill fix that later tongue.gif
hawky
QUOTE (dead_man @ Apr 5 2010, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE (Hawk! @ Apr 5 2010, 10:33 AM) *

or see here

soz was using openoffice instead of MS Excel, ill fix that later tongue.gif

thanks tongue.gif
_Andrew_
hey i was just wondering i know that this is a afk comp but is couch warriors going to be at this respawn?
R4N
QUOTE (_Andrew_ @ Apr 7 2010, 02:32 PM) *
hey i was just wondering i know that this is a afk comp but is couch warriors going to be at this respawn?

We havent been contacted by them this event, so no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape