Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case modding comp photo's
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > General Stuff
deano
After looking through every one of the photo's in the v15 gallery i've noticed a distinct lack of case mod comp photo's?!

Please explain tongue.gif
tazzyface
I would've loved to have seen everyone else's mods. Yours was awesome though, surprised you didn't cut your fingers off! My throat was frozen from drinking all that soda tongue.gif
GIARUS
i modded my laptop it had the game writen on the back of it on a piece of paper
deano
QUOTE (tazzyface @ Feb 6 2010, 02:39 AM) *
I would've loved to have seen everyone else's mods. Yours was awesome though, surprised you didn't cut your fingers off! My throat was frozen from drinking all that soda tongue.gif

Cheers dude smile.gif

I had a Leatherman to help cut the cans, I did get a nick though smile.gif

Still waiting on these photo's ya lazy bums!
SirSquidness
If I recall the discussion in the IRC channel (irc.oz.org #respawn ) correctly, the photos up are all we have - there may have been someone else floating around taking photos, but the ones in the gallery are all of the photos taken by us (ie, Zardoz's cameras).
Tank
I think jeffy took photos of the case modding comp.... i;ll send him a pm to see if they've been uploaded anywhere ^^

here you goooo! smile.gif

from http://67.220.217.40/gallery/displayimage....um=6&pos=39 through http://67.220.217.40/gallery/displayimage....um=6&pos=49
tazzyface
Yay! Happy days biggrin.gif
Jen
Yeah if you suddenly get errors trying to look at that photos, I'm trying to move the server from the US to Australia atm. So dont panic biggrin.gif
SLoV
Y is there no real case mod comps anymore ?
SirSquidness
Because you'd win hands down every time. tongue.gif
MrDerrick
Case modding these days requires more time and effort compared to back in the days when a simple window cut out and some cold cathodes was considered mods. These days you really have to go all out to create something unique and cool looking. This cost money and time.

A case of been there done that perhaps?
SLoV
yea but chucking junk on your case and calling it a mod ? tongue.gif,

i might just bring some cakes next time, throw it at my case and call it cake mod tongue.gif

yea i know i would win mr squidness tongue.gif not the point ( well is the point i want prizes tongue.gif )
Redback
Mods that are within the average persons skill are available as off the shelf components these days, you really have to go out of your way to make something original these days.
wolfmother
Unfortunately I was asleep when the actual case mod competition showoff thing happened, so nobody took a photo of my mod sad.gif. I made a working handle for my Armour case using nothing but cable ties and a little duct tape.
SirSquidness
QUOTE (wolfmother @ Mar 7 2010, 07:19 PM) *
Unfortunately I was asleep when the actual case mod competition showoff thing happened, so nobody took a photo of my mod sad.gif. I made a working handle for my Armour case using nothing but cable ties and a little duct tape.

Easily the most functional mod.
wolfmother
QUOTE (SirSquidness @ Mar 7 2010, 07:46 PM) *
QUOTE (wolfmother @ Mar 7 2010, 07:19 PM) *

Easily the most functional mod.

Actually I still use it even now~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape