Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSN/Steam Not Working?
Respawn LAN Forums > Discussion > Computers
Andrewzor
Hey Guys.

Me and my friends computer are both having problems connecting to programs, my computer can't connect to msn, and his can't connect to steam...But I can connect to steam and he can connect to msn. Just wondering if it could have happened at the lan since everything stopped working when we were there.

Checked our firewalls, permissions on the programs etc.

Halp?

Thanks.
GIARUS
Have u tryed unistalling and reinstalling
also it might be a update
or a connection error
Andrewzor
Yeah, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the registry, updating all that crap.

No idea sad.gif
Wombie
I'm no admin so i may be wrong (admins please correctme if i am)

But i was under the impression internet was ONLY avaliable at Respawn for STEAM UPDATES and NOTHING else.

Perhaps you used up your allocated bandwidth being online on steam, therefore were unable to use MSN and your friend used his up on MSN becomign un able to sign on to steam.

If you want to have more access to the internet during respawn can i suggest a Mobile 3G router. I was using one to play CS online this respawn and i got very decent speeds.
Andrewzor
I didn't even use steam or msn at the event, or download anything.

Going to reinstall windows anyway, hopefully will fix the problem.
SirSquidness
With the exception of picking up some malware at Respawn, there should be nothing that could cause such issues. Pure coincidence, I say.

Everything stopped working at Respawn because we block everything except Steam, and even Steam was giving half the players issues. The method we use to block these is done at our router, so once you've left the LAN it will not effect you in any way.
Andrewzor
Yeah thats what I thought.. But when It happened to my friend aswell I was worried.

Thanks for the help guys.
oohms
Could be a virus.. use the free version of this to check
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
Wombie
oh whoops laugh.gif thought you were talking about at respawn not at home. No idea then tongue.gif Hopefully it gets fixed crappy interwebs sucks sad.gif
Andrewzor
Now this is the weird part... Reinstalled windows... And MSN still doesn't work.

Tried different versions... checking ports... Firewall on, firewall off, and another 30 things..

Any ideas ?
Andrewzor
QUOTE (Andrewzor @ Jan 27 2010, 06:44 PM) *
Now this is the weird part... Reinstalled windows... And MSN still doesn't work.

Tried different versions... checking ports... Firewall on, firewall off, and another 30 things..

Any ideas ?

Problem solved... It turned out the date on my computer was 2009 not 2010. And that was stopping me from logging in.

I blame Lewis.

Inb4 Retard
SirSquidness
QUOTE (Andrewzor @ Jan 27 2010, 06:50 PM) *
Inb4 Retard

You're so retarded <3
jutzy
Wow its interesting that a simple date error can fuck you up compleetly

sucky
SirSquidness
QUOTE (xevious @ Jan 28 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Wow its interesting that a simple date error can fuck you up compleetly

I believe having a wrong date screws up SSL certs, since the certs are only valid for a certain time period. https:// sites would also have not worked.
Jen
Wrong dates does screw with SSL certificates. Particularly if your date set is currently prior to the certificate issue date.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
 Runescape