2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> COD 4, Win
Grey
post Jun 21 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #21
Player

Next event:

I highly recommend using the mods PAM and zzz_nogunsway for the cod4 compy, in addition to the SD game format.

PAM4 is a mod which allows you to restrict certain aspects of the game such as not allowing overpowered guns and perks such as the P90 and Juggernaught this is used in every ladder there is unless they choose to make their own rule mod, highly unlikely as it would chew up some time.

The second mod i recommend is the zzz_nogunsway mod. In cod4 the gun sways in iron sight view throwing your aim wayyyyyyyy off, so someone developed a mod to keep it dead still and add some accuracy, calling on accurate skill in the player to kill someone instead of spamming at their approx. position. GameArena uses these as well as CyberGamer, NewSchoolGamer, etc, etc. So to keep the spam down, choose SD; to keep the game as balanced as possible, PAM; and to make sure people actually aim, zzz_nogunsway.

Cya at V8!
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Jun 22 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #22
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Grey @ Jun 21 2008, 07:39 PM) *
I highly recommend using the mods PAM and zzz_nogunsway for the cod4 compy, in addition to the SD game format.

PAM4 is a mod which allows you to restrict certain aspects of the game such as not allowing overpowered guns and perks such as the P90 and Juggernaught this is used in every ladder there is unless they choose to make their own rule mod, highly unlikely as it would chew up some time.

The second mod i recommend is the zzz_nogunsway mod. In cod4 the gun sways in iron sight view throwing your aim wayyyyyyyy off, so someone developed a mod to keep it dead still and add some accuracy, calling on accurate skill in the player to kill someone instead of spamming at their approx. position. GameArena uses these as well as CyberGamer, NewSchoolGamer, etc, etc. So to keep the spam down, choose SD; to keep the game as balanced as possible, PAM; and to make sure people actually aim, zzz_nogunsway.

Cya at V8!

Yes to the first, bring everyone to an even playing field,

No to the second the swaying is a part of the game and you dont just spray and pray, skill is involved

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Fearsome Visage
post Jun 23 2008, 06:05 PM
Post #23
Player

Next event:

I wish my laptop would run CoD4, I play it on xbox 360 but PC would be epic win.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 26 2008, 05:26 PM
Post #24
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (Grey @ Jun 21 2008, 07:39 PM) *

Cya at V8!

PAM will be used in the upcoming comp

zzz_nogunsway will not, as mentioned, gun sway is part of the realism of the game "it isnt CS people smile.gif"

Search and Destroy will be the game mode smile.gif

That is all for now

R4N

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
freestyler
post Jul 29 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #25
Player

Next event:

YAY
Pams great.
So are we talking public servers? Or only for the scrims. Cos a couple of sd pubs would be good as last LAN only had ffa and tdm from memory.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 04:41 PM