Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Movie Reviews, By Giarius
GIARUS
post Apr 4 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Tank)
This is a Thread for movie reviews written by Giarus.

Feel free to discuss the movies that he is reviewing, but if you wish to discuss other movies, please use the other thread.

I'm doing this as the final straw and becuase i am a nice person, keep it clean or else we will be forced to not be so nice.

I though cause i see alot of current movies ill do some reviews on ones that are worth seeing

and if anyone else wants to add a piece to a review they may do so ill start my first review with the movie. First here is the plot, my own review is underneath.

The Blind Side

Plot (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blind_Side_(film))
For 17 years, Michael Oher (Quinton Aaron) has been in foster care with different families. Every time he is sent to a new home, he runs away. One of his friend's fathers, whose couch Mike had been sleeping on, enrolls him into a Christian school, after the father convinces the coach that "Big Mike" is a natural athlete, yet he refuses to beat people to the ground. The coach convinces the school principal to enroll him into the school. After school one day, Michael meets Sean "SJ" Jr. (Jae Head), who quickly befriends Michael. Leigh Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock) is a fiery interior designer, mother to SJ and Collins (Lily Collins), and wife to Sean Tuohy (Tim McGraw). After a pre-holiday Thanksgiving school festival, Leigh Anne notices Michael walking on the road, shivering in the freezing cold; she pities his situation and offers him a place to spend the night. The next morning, much to her dismay, she finds Michael leaving their driveway and asks him to spend Thanksgiving with her family. Slowly, Michael starts becoming a part of the Tuohy family, even as Leigh Anne's friends warn her that Michael could affect SJ and Collins' social life. Nonetheless, SJ and Michael become buddies. Leigh Anne goes to the school about Michael's academic performance and is surprised to learn that even though he has scored low in essentially every aspect, he scored in the 98th percentile in 'protective instincts'. Sean also takes to Michael and lists the Tuohys as his emergency contact and talks to the school coach to get Michael enrolled in the football team.
Possessed of enormous stature and titanic strength, Michael performs exceptionally on the field and catches the eye of many college coaches from around the state. SJ tells Michael that his mother cannot stand Tennessee. Leigh Anne discovers that to get a NCAA Division I Scholarship, Michael needs a 2.5 GPA. His current GPA is too low, so they hire a private tutor, Miss Sue (Kathy Bates), to raise his grades. The school teachers also take a special interest and start giving his tests orally rather than in written format. During one of his private tutor classes, Miss Sue, a University of Mississippi ("Ole Miss.") alumna, tells him that the FBI bury the body parts of the unrecognized dead people under the University of Tennessee's Neyland Stadium. Michael's heart aches and this is possibly shown as a reason for Michael opting to join University of Mississippi. Michael ends up with a GPA of 2.52 . Subsequently, Michael receives a call from the NCAA, who suspects that the Tuohys forced Michael to select Mississippi, rather than Tennessee, his home-state team. The investigator also tells him that the Tuohys were from Mississippi and his high school coach got a better job at Ole Miss after Michael chose Mississippi.
Michael leaves the investigation room and confronts Leigh Anne; he asks her if she only took him in so that he would play football for her alma mater. Michael goes to his birth mother's apartment in the projects, where his old friends at first welcome him, then make sexually suggestive remarks about his adoptive mother and sister. A fight ensues, in which Michael easily dispatches three armed thugs, and flees the scene. Leigh Anne goes in search of Michael. He finally calls her, and they meet at a neighborhood laundromat. Leigh Anne tells him that she wants him to choose which university he accepts a scholarship from and any decisions he makes in life will be supported by her. Michael returns to the NCAA office and tells the investigator that he chose Ole Miss because his whole family has gone to school there. Michael gets accepted to Ole Miss with a scholarship for football. Leaving Michael at school, Leigh Anne feels happy for what she has done for Michael and also what he has done for them all.
The film ends with the 2009 NFL Draft, showing the real-life Michael Oher being drafted by the Baltimore Ravens.
The end credits include a dedication to the director's father, also John Lee Hancock, a football player and coach who died in 2009.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blind_Side_(film)

My Review:
After watching this movie it opened my eyes to the less fortuned people who may be great at sports but is unable to get into a good school and try and competed to getting a job out of it or to show there intelligence.
I give this movie a 9.5/10 it is a great movie to watch. it really show's how some people can be that nice and also shows how some people live.

i say its a must see movie

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
R4N
post Apr 8 2010, 09:10 AM
Post #2
Hueg.

Next event:

The sin bin is a place where binned people can make posts.

The sin bin is NOT a place where people free to roam the forums can simply ridicule giarus.

He made a review, and if you have nothing to say about the movie, say nothing.

Any more crap and i close the thread

good day.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lawn
post Apr 9 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #3
Spartan #2

Next event:

I'm about to watch Shutter Island. It has Leonardo DiCaprio in it but hopefully it won't be too shit sad.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Apr 9 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Lawn @ Apr 9 2010, 12:55 AM) *
I'm about to watch Shutter Island. It has Leonardo DiCaprio in it but hopefully it won't be too shit sad.gif

I didn't enjoy it that much, okay-ish movie. Books would have been a lot better.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lawn
post Apr 9 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #5
Spartan #2

Next event:

QUOTE (Sharks @ Apr 9 2010, 01:46 PM) *
I didn't enjoy it that much, okay-ish movie. Books would have been a lot better.

I loved it smile.gif
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post May 22 2010, 09:27 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

My Newest review is on the movie WOG BOY 2 King Of Mykonos

Plot: Steve 'The Wog Boy' Karamitsis inherits a beach on the resort island of Mykonos from an uncle he's never met. Then finds more about himself and his family and how they act like a family so now its time for Vince and Steve to save the day again.

My review:
This movie was rated in the paper with only 1 star. the reason i think this is cause they don't get the ethnic jokes or how us wogs act.
i was very pleased with there work i can tell they placed alot of work into it. i still say the first wog boy was the best but the sequel has met up to its standards was a great hit
most people who don't have an ethnic background might not get the movie but those with will get it easily.
it is a movie for your and your mates to watch. funny romantic adventures and one movie to contend with.
i give the wog boy movie a 10/10 i must say that it is a movie worth seeing

The Kings of Mykonos: Wog Boy 2 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjeKlC9uyWg

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post May 25 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

Prince Of Persia

Plot
The plot follows Dastan (played by Jake Gyllenhaal), a street urchin in the Persian Empire in the sixth century. After showing courage in the market place, he is adopted by the king as his heir, so the king's two sons will not fight over the throne. Later on, he teams up with Princess Tamina (played by Gemma Arterton) to stop a common enemy - the villainous nobleman Nizam (Ben Kingsley) and to take from him an ancient dagger known as "The Dagger of Time" (a valuable dagger which gives to its owner the ability to go back in time for short periods and change the past) and keep him from generating a sandstorm which could destroy the world.

Plot Was Taken From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(film)

My Review
i was one of the lucky ones to see Prince Of Persia sands of time at advance screening thanks to Myspace
i must say the movie was spectacular.
it followed the games story play very well. the amount of action scenes was amazing
i must congratulate the actors on a job well done. they really have placed the time and effort into this movie
i say it is a must see movie when it is fully released to the public.
i give it a rating of 10/10 a great movie worth the money most definite

For those who don't know alot about the movie
Here is the link to the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EA7EbFX4k

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tank
post Jun 1 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

Guys, LAST WARNING. this is getting silly.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Niven666
post Jun 1 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #9
Banned from forums

Next event:

I'm posting reviews, I didn't see the point creating a whole new thread. Sawry

--------------------

Xbox live: Niven187
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Jun 1 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #10
Hueg.

Next event:

Did some spring cleaning, Giarus I am moving this thread as you are not in the SinBin.

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jun 1 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

Ok Rules of this Thread

Hint to the name its GIARUS's Movie Reviews
Don't post your own reviews
Comment on th movies i review if u want me to review a certain movie pm me what the movie is
also im not reviewing old movie only new ones

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
priorax
post Jun 1 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #12
TF2 Comp Guy

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Jun 1 2010, 10:45 AM) *

No, I think you will find the name of the thread is Movie Reviews, the description outlines "By GIARUS". By this very contradiction your rules are made invalid.

Post away

Edit: Sorry, just saw Tank's edit up top. But really, going by the way a forum works, his point is invalid
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jun 1 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (priorax @ Jun 1 2010, 03:58 PM) *
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Jun 1 2010, 10:45 AM) *

No, I think you will find the name of the thread is Movie Reviews, the description outlines "By GIARUS". By this very contradiction your rules are made invalid.

Post away

Edit: Sorry, just saw Tank's edit up top. But really, going by the way a forum works, his point is invalid

yeh tank did edit the name of the topic i made it so it gave me something constructive to do then be annoying

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jun 5 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It.

Plot:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1498870/
Follows Andy, who needs to hook up with a hottie, pronto, because he hasn't had sex in... well, forever - and his luck isn't the only thing that's hard. His equally horny teenage roommates also need it superbad, and with the help of their nerdy pal, McAnalovin' and his fake I.D., they may tap more than just a keg.

This movie is a spoof yes but it was a quite funny spoof and also dam right random.
you will reconize alot of the movies in it such as 40 year old virgin, knocked up ,forggeting sarah marshell, and superbad are some if you watch the movie you will see the others.
it is a good movie to go see but i would say better spoof movie then meet the spartans and superhero.
i give this movie a 7/10 it was a good watch but not a movie i would place as a highly recommanded watch.

Here is the trailer for a sneak peek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWFeGxuXgM...player_embedded

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TeamSlayer
post Jun 5 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

i must say that the 41 year old virgin who knocked up sarah marshal and felt superbad about it was an excellent movie and i would watch it again! thank you giarus for introducing it to me

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jun 5 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #16
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (TeamSlayer @ Jun 5 2010, 09:19 PM) *
i must say that the 41 year old virgin who knocked up sarah marshal and felt superbad about it was an excellent movie and i would watch it again! thank you giarus for introducing it to me

yes it was epic *** can u hear me now GOOODDD smile.gif

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Amebix
post Jun 6 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #17
Banned

Next event:

That looks like such a bad movie. is it anything like those Wayans brother spoofs?
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jagster
post Jun 6 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #18
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Amebix @ Jun 6 2010, 04:50 PM) *
That looks like such a bad movie. is it anything like those Wayans brother spoofs?

No its not like a wayans brother spoof at all
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Jun 8 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

watched The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It. and it was somewhat funny. Wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't read this.

You should review 'The human centipede'
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Jun 9 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

My Next Review will be on Losers

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:14 AM