Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> General Newbie LAN questions
madcat
post Jan 7 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hey guys, Im making the trek down from NSW for the long weekend LAN. Just got a few questions I couldn't see answered in the guide/forums

------

Is there a limit on the size/number of screens you are allowed to bring and have space for, I like to spread out a little, I hate being crowded in like sardines at a LAN, eg

1 or 2 21s
1 or 2 24s
1 or 2 27s (think I know the answer to that one haha)

------

Do you guys use any kind of voice program for games, eg vent, ts, mumble etc with channels for specific games, or is it just a yell fest? My headphones dont have a mic so I will just bring a $10 cheapie mic.

------

With games like COD4/Flatout etc, what version is used, steam, retail or other? I have all three for those games, as well as games like TF2, CS:S, CS:GO on steam, I just want to make sure I have all my games updated and ready to play beforehand so Im not "that guy" who needs game files/updates at the very last minute

-------

Are there any facilities such as fridge or microwave available for use, or is it a case of fend for yourself for anything food related, apart from the bbq

-------

Apart from the official comps, are people allowed to organise/run their own game servers? EG if felt like a game of AoE or UT or non-pro COD or school bus only flatout, I can just start up a server and ask people if they want to play?

-------

Which brings me to my next question, I have a dedicated server which I can chuck somewhere and remote manage it. Do I need a separate registration for this, eg is the registration fee per player, or per network port/pc?

-------

Because Ive never been before/wont know anyone there, should I hide my lunch money in my shoes and hide in the corner, or are newcomers welcome? lol

-------

Sorry if any of the questions are stupid, just trying to be prepared
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 10:08 PM