Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AlterIWNet at Respawn
Spatian116!
post Mar 5 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

Hello

Is there any chance of having competition support for AlterIWNet Modern Warfare 2?. Considering with dedicated server support a server can be hosted and you can connect via Direct IP .

But yeah that's it lol

Matt

--------------------
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jen
post Mar 7 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

Does it require Net access? I thought MW2 was a dedicated net thing hence why we haven't played it?

Deadman and Squid would be the best two people to talk to (games and servers guys). If it needs net it would probably be a no unless we know exactly what data requirements it had for a careful assessment?

no promises tho kay wink.gif

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 10 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #3
Player

Next event:

ah K PM em I'll or something.

You can run the Servers over LAN, the only thing that requires Internet is the verification of files when the game actually starts.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Mar 10 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Spatian116! @ Mar 10 2011, 06:56 PM) *
ah K PM em I'll or something.

You can run the Servers over LAN, the only thing that requires Internet is the verification of files when the game actually starts.

So it's kind of like Steam's auth service or very different? Because if it needs decent bandwidth for verification then it'd be leaning heavily into the "most likely cant be done" category.

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 10 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

nahh, What it does, It verifies that your core files are intact and correct with the master server. Uses hardly anything

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
orbit
post Mar 11 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

Spatian116!: do you have a server up or know someone who has a server up that we can talk to about it? maybe an irc channel or something we can question them about things such as actual bandwidth usage and how it authenticates users ect.

If it just uses one pc to pass through the authentication stuff and verifies files and keeps the rest of the traffic local then that would be awesome!

If there is no authentication though that would make things a bit more difficult as that could be seen as piracy and Respawn seriously wont help you at all with anything that might encourage people to pirate the game.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 11 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #7
Player

Next event:

Orbit:

Hey

What it does is it verifies the files with the AlterIWNet master server and then it can be local. Jump in IRC with me some time at

irc.authtech.com.au:6667

Channel: wildwest

I Should be on tomorrow night.

Tomoz being 12/03/11. Or I'll be on during the day but it depends if I have internet access where I am. biggrin.gif

Also I do run my own server online and it does use quite a bit I'll upload you a video of it being local in a second. When online it uses about 100-200mb upload and 100-200mb download an hour. but it won't need to be.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 11 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

Also if this was illegal I do believe this project would have been shutdown a long time ago, It's been going for A LONG TIME! lol

Also Link to Local http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2265XrC1Yc

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
dead_man
post Mar 12 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

iv been watching the AlterIWnet project for awhile and whilst they havnt been shutdown, its borderline copyright infringement as they do release a complete iso of the game inc all cracked files need to play this on lan.

also the verification you talk about can use a fair bit of bandwidth if ppl have not updated there game files.

so ill put this simply

Respawn LAN will not support or run a competition based around AlterIWnet

the fact that the torrent used to share this system is actually monitored by the legal team of activision already shows this. i have been contacted by others regarding this system and been advised against it.

--------------------

WTB: Decent HAWX Team :P
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 12 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

mmmk

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spatian116!
post Mar 12 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

Would we be able to play it IF we had our own steam versions modded with Alter. My friend and I have both have the steam version but prefer to play on Alter due to server support. I'm not talking comps or anything just to screw around a bit.

Also I'll talk to my friend he might be able to put a version together that doesn't require authentication.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 01:46 PM