> GIARUS Open Up
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 02:21 PM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

When you make fun of someone with a mental disorder

I suffer from ADHD and aspergers.

For the past 2 weeks ive had a friend stay at mine cause he got kicked out of home
this is what i do for people i help people and this is what i get.

In The Past 2 Months ive nearly comitted suicide i was at the edge of the cliff ready to jump put one of my closest friend grabbed me before i could jump. till this day i wish i did jump cause i bet if i did die know one on respawn would care no would care if i died.

In this last year i have struggled with my education due 2 my learning disabilitys. i also struggly to soliaze.

everyday passes and everyday i just wanna end my life and for you people to make a post like this.
just makes me wanna get in my car and drive off the cliff.
All you do is care about yaselves but you don't know what you are doing to others.

For the past 2 years ive had 2 deal with my mum having cancer so everyday i watch as my mum slowly gets better hoping that one day she will be cured

in the past 6 months i lost a very close Auntie to cancer i sat and watched her 2 boys cry
i was close in losing my mum due 2 a blood clot

My life is like a roller coaster and it never stops

atm the one thing that keeps me happy is my gf laura
she knows what to do when im down she brings me back up

My friends have been with me through alot of tuff times
My family 2 but my family is slowly spliting apart one another hating each other

My hero in life would be my dad he has done so much atm he has torn a muscle in his leg and he still works no matter what to support are family

Now what are you thoughts on my life

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jen
post Nov 24 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

I'm going to be the first to say this, everyone has a dig at everyone. I cop it a fair bit and I too have had a roller coaster life. I was bullied my entire school life.

Given you have mentioned suicide, my only suggestion would be to talk about it to someone who is neutral and has no idea about the life you lead. That way you get an independant assessment. I believe Crenn has already stepped up and sent you a contact number for some support services. There is no shame in seeking help. I've done it, I know a number of people who have done it, even now a friend I call a close friend talked to me for many hours until very late about how it helped and now it's helping me too.

Please I understand we rip on you over your spelling and what not. It is all in a bit of fun and nobody unless you told them would ever have known this. Speak to someone about how you feel, do not commit suicide. I know you've thought about it but really is this what you want?

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Nov 24 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #3
^_^

Next event:

I think Jeffy has said all that needs to be said.

--edit---
Wolfmother wants to say something too, so I shall unlock this again for a bit.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rangers
post Nov 24 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #4
Player

Next event:

I think you should let everyone have their say, Squiddy. (Isn't that a cute name for you :>). I don't think that people are going to make fun. Could be a help topic.

EDIT: Pretty sure people would be sensitive, and not be douches :>
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #5
Player

Next event:

Ive had same as u jeffy except i was bullied since i was 2 and still am
as i said the last thing that keeps me happy is my gf laura
my mum and dad are pritty juch my biggest hero's the have been through every little obstical from my disabilitys from my reading and writing problems and my comunication and social skills

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Daemo
post Nov 24 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #6
Player

Next event:

practicaly everyone who is a computer geek has a varying degree of aspergers
a legit survey done by a large portion of OCAU has proved that.

i dont mean to sound rude but everyones life sucks, everyone wishes it was better
my parents have split. almost lost my mum to a blood clot too.
im a high school dropout and have considered suicide but i take comfort knowing that other peoples lives are just as fucked up as i think mine is and there is usualy someone worse off somewhere in the world.
(cruel but true)

--------------------
your friendly One Must Frag admin
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Nov 24 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #7
Blame him.

Next event:

I actually have bipolar disorder as well as Asperger's, so this is something that has come up for me too. I got into the best high school in Melbourne with top marks and had to quit a year into it because I was simply no longer able to maintain a 'normal' lifestyle like that and could no longer concentrate on work at all. I went from straight As to failing everything, completely destroyed my social life, and also came within half an inch of successful suicide.

Interacting with people online can really be devastating to your self-esteem sometimes, I know this first-hand. That is exactly why most of the Respawners do not take things online very seriously and, to be perfectly honest, usually make fun of people who do. This is true of most of the major forums, too. I can't just tell you to stop taking things seriously, but if peoples' comments are upsetting you, there's nothing in the world that's preventing you from simply walking away from them. When you meet people in real life they tend to be very different.

And there is light at the end of the tunnel. I found a medication that works for me, found a lifestyle that works for me, and found a peer group that works for me - all at once. And that was good. Even now I sometimes have trouble looking at peoples' faces or remembering them, or doing absolutely basic math, and occasionally get upset enough to genuinely want to jump off a bridge. But things sometimes come together unexpectedly and even when you're trying to put together things that didn't work on their own, sometimes the combination of things magically gives you a normal life. And I've got an almost-normal one, so it's possible.

Also best wishes to your mum.

--------------------
http://www.prolapsoft.com - Wolfmother's AV & Net Software
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spitefultongue
post Nov 24 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #8
Player

Next event:

Giarus,
Everyone i know has issues but it isn't an excuse for their behavior. As far as suicide goes i too have been there many, many times before and i cut myself. People on the Respawn forums have made fun of me for that as well. You need to deal with your illness and not hide behind it for the rest of your life.
Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do, it is proof that you are clearly not a good person for wanting to leave your loving girlfriend and sick mother alone.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jen
post Nov 24 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #9
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Nov 24 2009, 03:38 PM) *
my mum and dad are pritty juch my biggest hero's the have been through every little obstical from my disabilitys from my reading and writing problems and my comunication and social skills

Yes I understand that and so does everyone here. Instead of saying I have "xxx" wrong. Do something about it. I applied to go back to TAFE next year and I'm waiting on my application outcome purely because for the last 3 years I have been a call centre monkey and I hate it. Yes I understand you have a learning disability but one thing I learnt from driving a wheelchair capable taxi cab was that all of these people with their various disabilities get on with their lives. They make do with what hand they've been dealt. I drove one guy to/from various places on a regular basis, he was completely blind but he still go out and did what he wanted. Another guy in a wheelchair on a regular basis went out with friends to concerts, clubs etc. You can do it, but whilst you have this defeatist attitude you wont. Please speak to a support place such as beyondblue or your local health service, it will do you the world of good.

As spitefultongue said, dont hide behind the fact that you have these issues, embrace them. Learn to live with them and do some adult learning classes, go back to a TAFE college and overcome them. You can only over come them by saying "Yes I can".

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 02:59 PM
Post #10
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (wolfmother @ Nov 24 2009, 03:49 PM) *
I actually have bipolar disorder as well as Asperger's, so this is something that has come up for me too. I got into the best high school in Melbourne with top marks and had to quit a year into it because I was simply no longer able to maintain a 'normal' lifestyle like that and could no longer concentrate on work at all. I went from straight As to failing everything, completely destroyed my social life, and also came within half an inch of successful suicide.

Interacting with people online can really be devastating to your self-esteem sometimes, I know this first-hand. That is exactly why most of the Respawners do not take things online very seriously and, to be perfectly honest, usually make fun of people who do. This is true of most of the major forums, too. I can't just tell you to stop taking things seriously, but if peoples' comments are upsetting you, there's nothing in the world that's preventing you from simply walking away from them. When you meet people in real life they tend to be very different.

And there is light at the end of the tunnel. I found a medication that works for me, found a lifestyle that works for me, and found a peer group that works for me - all at once. And that was good. Even now I sometimes have trouble looking at peoples' faces or remembering them, or doing absolutely basic math, and occasionally get upset enough to genuinely want to jump off a bridge. But things sometimes come together unexpectedly and even when you're trying to put together things that didn't work on their own, sometimes the combination of things magically gives you a normal life. And I've got an almost-normal one, so it's possible.

Also best wishes to your mum.

Drugs yes ive had them from ritilan concerta caterpress and some anti depressens
my group of friends now how i am and im only like that due 2 my disabilitys
your lack of concentration is caused my the aspergers due to one of its simtoms of concentrainting on one main objective
the only 2 things i was good at school was maths and computers
and thanks for the wish's to my mum
all i wait now is the words that my mum is cured

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #11
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (Jeffy @ Nov 24 2009, 03:57 PM) *
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Nov 24 2009, 03:38 PM) *

Yes I understand that and so does everyone here. Instead of saying I have "xxx" wrong. Do something about it. I applied to go back to TAFE next year and I'm waiting on my application outcome purely because for the last 3 years I have been a call centre monkey and I hate it. Yes I understand you have a learning disability but one thing I learnt from driving a wheelchair capable taxi cab was that all of these people with their various disabilities get on with their lives. They make do with what hand they've been dealt. I drove one guy to/from various places on a regular basis, he was completely blind but he still go out and did what he wanted. Another guy in a wheelchair on a regular basis went out with friends to concerts, clubs etc. You can do it, but whilst you have this defeatist attitude you wont. Please speak to a support place such as beyondblue or your local health service, it will do you the world of good.

As spitefultongue said, dont hide behind the fact that you have these issues, embrace them. Learn to live with them and do some adult learning classes, go back to a TAFE college and overcome them. You can only over come them by saying "Yes I can".

Yeh ive applied for my tafeing net year at VU werribee doing computer engineering genral diploma
and i used to go to a special group where i saw lots of people who had disaplities
my brother hated taking me there cause he wanted me 2 have a normal life

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Nov 24 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #12
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (Spitefultongue @ Nov 24 2009, 03:51 PM) *
Everyone i know has issues but it isn't an excuse for their behavior.

I don't want to provoke an argument but I have to respectfully disagree with this. You may be able to hold your breath for a long time if you try hard, but that doesn't mean you can hold your breath forever, no matter how strong your willpower is. We cannot control our neurology, and while we can cover our problems up by going against it, it is usually not possible to live a "normal" life while doing so.

A severely depressed person is no more responsible for their actions than a neurologically blind person is for not being able to see or a schizophrenic-catatonic person is for not moving. The only difference is that depression can be helped by the environment they're put in. "Free will" is a religious concept and is completely at odds with modern neurology.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #13
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (wolfmother @ Nov 24 2009, 04:04 PM) *

I don't want to provoke an argument but I have to respectfully disagree with this. You may be able to hold your breath for a long time if you try hard, but that doesn't mean you can hold your breath forever, no matter how strong your willpower is. We cannot control our neurology, and while we can cover our problems up by going against it, it is usually not possible to live a "normal" life while doing so.

A severely depressed person is no more responsible for their actions than a neurologically blind person is for not being able to see or a schizophrenic-catatonic person is for not moving. The only difference is that depression can be helped by the environment they're put in. "Free will" is a religious concept and is completely at odds with modern neurology.

Sorry but can u explain that in languade i could understand its to complex for me to understand

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Nov 24 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #14
Player

Next event:

------ sorry admins, delete, etc.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sharks
post Nov 24 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #15
Player

Next event:

Hey Gia,

You could have talked to me sunday morning when we were sitting there. I would have listened to you and tried my best to understand. I may not be going through what you are but we're mates and i'm here to listen.

I could probably promise that everyone in that room saturday night has been down multiple points in their life and as much as we grin and bare it. Life can be shit but we all have friends to carry us through it or just listen.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Nov 24 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #16
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Nov 24 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Sorry but can u explain that in languade i could understand its to complex for me to understand

Oh, sorry about that tongue.gif
Katie said that it doesn't matter which brain disorders you have, everything you do is still your own responsibility.

My point is that there are some people who can't even move because of the problems with their brains, and I don't think that's their fault at all. Just because your problems aren't THAT bad doesn't mean that everyone should blame you for what you do. Your brain is a certain way and you have no control over how that affects you.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Spitefultongue
post Nov 24 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #17
Player

Next event:

Perhaps i didn't make myself clear, i believe Severe Depression is an illness and the recipient should not be blamed for having a disability but there is a fine line between sitting at your computer all day watching Family Guy and going to Psych appointments and trying to better yourself as a member of society.

However you don't have to do it all on your own, there are professionals out there to help and guide you through your dark times.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
wolfmother
post Nov 24 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #18
Blame him.

Next event:

QUOTE (Spitefultongue @ Nov 24 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Perhaps i didn't make myself clear, i believe Severe Depression is an illness and the recipient should not be blamed for having a disability but there is a fine line between sitting at your computer all day watching Family Guy and going to Psych appointments and trying to better yourself as a member of society.

Yeah. But Asperger's and ADHD are very different to depression.
Ps. Family Guy sucks.

--------------------
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GIARUS
post Nov 24 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #19
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (wolfmother @ Nov 24 2009, 04:12 PM) *
QUOTE (GIARUS @ Nov 24 2009, 04:06 PM) *

Oh, sorry about that tongue.gif
Katie said that it doesn't matter which brain disorders you have, everything you do is still your own responsibility.

My point is that there are some people who can't even move because of the problems with their brains, and I don't think that's their fault at all. Just because your problems aren't THAT bad doesn't mean that everyone should blame you for what you do. Your brain is a certain way and you have no control over how that affects you.

much better i understood that

--------------------

Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TechL
post Nov 24 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #20
Player

Next event:

I know pretty much everything in the OP, being a friend of Giarus. Except I didn't know the state your mum is currently in (the cancer part), I don't think you ever told me that.

Here's how I like to think of it. You're still alive aren't you? There must be SOMETHING that's keeping you "alive" (no smartass comments, just don't). There's always going to be the good and bad parts, but... that's life. There's always someone out there who has it worse than you, though it doesn't make the situation any better.

I'm no good at these discussions \o.O/ but I hope this somewhat helps to you and whoever else.
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 AM