Closed TopicStart new topic
> My Laptop, a question
GIARUS
post Mar 24 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #21
Player

Next event:

QUOTE (R4N @ Mar 24 2010, 01:00 PM) *
The difference between "Benchmark" performance increases, and real world performance increases is quite high, especially with low to mid range graphics cards.

Your 8600gs according to you runs most games at a reasonable frame rate. So where is the point in spending $220 on something which will add little performance to a machine that is already doing a good job.

When instead you could save that money to build a new computer from scratch?

It is quite simple logic really, Price vs performance comparison.

For a desktop computer if you were to spend $220 on an upgrade from an 8600gs, you could afford an ATI 5770 which is many times more powerful than your original purchase.

For a laptop computer if you were to spend $220 on an upgrade from an 8600gs, you can get a 9500gs.
Performance increase in real world games MIGHT be about 5-10fps.
There are also issues with compatibility. Did you consult the acer website to see what kind of power requirements the 9500gs requires. I wouldn't be trusting Wikipedia or some random forum for a $220 purchase. Laptops are also very restrictive at a bios level. For example if you wanted to upgrade your wireless card, odds are the bios will block 99% of them and only allow an acer branded wireless card to work on your machine. The same is entirelly possible for the mxm graphics card your about to waste money on.

So feel free, but just remember, everyone on this forum so far with any experience in computer hardware has told you its a bad idea tongue.gif

The card that is in my laptop now is a 8600m GS MB
i'm upgrading to a 9500m GS MB

The 9500m GS is compatible with the acer aspire 5920g laptop it supports the card
plus an increase of MB on the graphics 2

also due 2 direct x 11 it makes the graphics go even further to a total of 3-GB while the 8600m gs only goes to a 1-2 GB of graphic
also i can sell my other laptop graphics cause i won't need it and ill be able to make some of the money i spent on the new one so ill only probably have 2 pay a 120 or so something around that for the new graphics card
also i'm not putting a ATI in my comp i'm a nvidia user not a dam ATI user

and yes i consulted the acer and Nvidia website and checked everything
my laptop can run with the 9500M GS perfectly
also its not a waste ill be able 2 play games on a higher graphics

My next update soon will be the hardrive going from a 250GB to a 500GB or 1TB it will depend on pricing

R4N also are you just going to criticize everything i saw and do seriously what ever i do with my money is my doing not yours.

--------------------

The internet! Where men are men, Women are men & underage teens are FBI agents
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirSquidness
post Mar 24 2010, 09:50 PM
Post #22
^_^

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS)

So it's obvious GIARUS wants no help, and is ignoring/rejecting/denying the advise given. This thread serves no more purpose, except to frustrate everyone.

--------------------
TRON MAN SAYS:
Using proper spelling and grammar makes you look smart. USE THEM! =D

Important information regarding your abuse of the English language
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
R4N
post Mar 25 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #23
Hueg.

Next event:

QUOTE (GIARUS @ Mar 24 2010, 10:30 PM) *
The card that is in my laptop now is a 8600m GS MB
i'm upgrading to a 9500m GS MB

The 9500m GS is compatible with the acer aspire 5920g laptop it supports the card
plus an increase of MB on the graphics 2

also due 2 direct x 11 it makes the graphics go even further to a total of 3-GB while the 8600m gs only goes to a 1-2 GB of graphic
also i can sell my other laptop graphics cause i won't need it and ill be able to make some of the money i spent on the new one so ill only probably have 2 pay a 120 or so something around that for the new graphics card

It is quite obvious you have absolutly NO idea what you are talking about.
with a 128 bit low/mid range card, an increase in graphics memory over 512MB will make NO difference. so that aint going to help you.
Not to mention (as oohms has explained previously) the 9500gs has GDDR2 memory, whereas the 8600gs has GDDR3 memory, so the "increased GB" will be SLOWER than your old card. the ONLY increase is the unified shaders 32/16. Only issue is the shader clock on your shiny new card is SLOWER than the 8600gs you are replacing.

Increase in real world performance = fuck all.

Also... the 9500GS (or any mobile nvidia card for that matter) does NOT support DX11 smile.gif

And the ATI argument.... man I could write pages on why that makes no sense.

enjoy your retarded purchase.

Honestly Giarus, do not expect people to take you seriously if you are not willing to listen to professional advice.

thread closed

--------------------

Voodoo: i5 3570k, Asrock Z77, 16GB DDR3, Ati 280x 3GB, 120GB 520 SSD + 2x 2TB, Lian-Li PC A04, Win8.1.
Banshee: N2820 Intel NUC, 4GB DDR3l, 60GB Kingston V300 SSD, 1080P Projector :3
Rush: HP Microserver, 8GB DDR3, 4x 2TB
Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 07:53 PM