Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> v28 Feedback Thread - Give us impressions/feedback/loved etc
Jen
post Sep 22 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #1
Player

Next event:

On behalf of the core admin team (Votucu, Squid, R4N and Zardoz), please do share your feedback for v28!

What you loved?
What you didnt love?
What we could do better?
What you think we missed?

(dont have to use the above, just helps get the creative juices flowing to help the teams that work with the core admins make it more awesome).

--------------------
Jen

Gaming Rig:
Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 120G Intel 330SSD, Asus GTX760 and Asus P8Z-77V-Pro
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
m0ns00n
post Sep 23 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #2
Player

Next event:

TL/DR at bottom.

admin's suggestion about RespawnNotify is really good. I didn't know you guys had something like that before. Definitely could use something that gives people a chance to check what's currently happening even if an announcement is missed would be good. I like the use of the big projector screen throughout the night but it could possibly be exploited even more.

It would be nice to have the draft for competitions being updated somewhere we can get access to as well. We only entered the Dota 2 comp, but we had to keep coming up to the front to check out our next match, who won, who lost, etc. We were actually pretty close to the front desk too so I can only imagine people seated on the other side of the venue in the middle of aisles just struggling to go back and forth and causing annoyances to the people around them.

It's not just for the competitors either I know some people who just like to have a nosy about the other competitions to see what teams are playing and who is going against who, etc. The whole thing about eSports getting bigger and people loving the spectator action and "Who's who" is really spot on and it would be good to bring that sort of community vibe to life at Respawn LANs.

admin's EDIT ONE about stricter names and making sure all competitors are actually at the LAN is kinda true. I'm sure a few people have had the thought about the lack of security with team games such as Dota 2 and LoL where you just throw up a lobby and everyone joins and we say glhf and play. It would be so easy to simply get someone from outside of the LAN to play and it wouldn't even matter whose account they are on, we just expect people are doing the right thing.

It would be really good for an official way to advertise to people about smaller inhouse games that are being thrown up for everyone to jump in and play. CS:S GG, WC3 maps, UT 2K4 IG, FlatOut and countless more games people I'm sure would love to have a go at throughout the night, especially the mini-tourney games that run during the same time as the big competitions. We tried advertising some games through the DC++ hub and got a few people jumping in but it's not really good enough. Maybe a separate feed on the intranet where people can post "What's Happening" or something along those lines with attention drawn to it via the projector screen.

I feel like I'm typing so much I'm losing the point. I guess the overall theme is bringing the entire LAN together by helping players share in the joys of seeing tournaments played and participating in a variety of smaller inhouse games together. I know a lot of this can be done by individuals going and looking around for themselves and talking and making new friends but by nature people will participate and engage more if it's thrust upon them.

TL/DR:
More channels for staff to communicate to masses and people to gather players for games, increase info access and atmosphere for big tourneys, closer focus on participating teams/players.

EDIT: Oh yeah - we had a blast! Proud of our tourney performances and most of the crew should come to the next one!
Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:20 AM